Active Now

Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Are Spirit Airlines a bargain or a scam?

Are Spirit Airlines a bargain or a scam?

Posted - February 17, 2019

Responses

I'm cheap, so I LOVE Spirit. It's ideal if you're only planning to travel with a backpack and don't really care about the timing of your flights. If you start adding on baggage and stuff, your pricing goes up, but I've only had good experiences with Spirit. Their employees have always been friendly and kind and I've never had any unexpected delays or issues. 

I think, in many cases, Spirit is better than other airlines. Last time I flew American, they tried to separate me from my kids on the flight. They were two and five at the time. No joke. I literally had to talk to other people on the flight to see if any of them would switch so my kids could sit by me. Never in my entire life have I ever heard of something so outrageous. It's one thing if the flight attendant looks around and makes the arrangements, but to make the customer try to find a way to sit by their small children... Ugh. Never again. United left me stranded once too. When I was flying with my disabled mom. That was a real treat. They told us we could just wait at the airport for 24 hours. Like, really? They offered nothing in the way of solutions, no hotel vouchers, nothing. Just, "Sorry, you're screwed. Good luck with that." Bah. 
      February 17, 2019 2:04 PM MST

If they are cheap and don't kill ya, I'm there.
      February 17, 2019 9:34 PM MST

It's a heluva gamble for an atheist!
      February 17, 2019 10:22 PM MST

All of my neighbors from Rhode Island fly Spirit.  They love it because it's cheap.
      February 18, 2019 10:48 PM MST

(Are Is)
      February 18, 2019 10:55 PM MST