Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do the smartest people you know keep telling you how smart they are? Or are the ones who do that woefully intellectually inadequate?

Do the smartest people you know keep telling you how smart they are? Or are the ones who do that woefully intellectually inadequate?

trump anyone?

Posted - February 18, 2019

Responses

There are few exceptionally smart people with whom I have come in contact.  None of them are given to telling anyone how smart they are.  The ones that so, make me suspicious of that claim.
      February 18, 2019 9:30 AM MST

I've known some geniuses and actually only one seemed to be full of himself. That was way back when decades ago I worked in a research lab with a bunch of genius scientists who couldn't spell wortha dam*. They gave me their reports and I rewrote them so they "looked" proper. One of them and I got into a  discussion of music. He favored German opera. I'm a fan of Rimsky-Korsakov. Very lyrical music. He implied that liking the kind of music I liked made me inferior to him somehow. Seriously. Other than that no problems ever! Thank you for your reply L!  :) Ya know what L? I'm gonna ask. Maybe there is tie between intellect and the kind of music one likes! :)
      February 19, 2019 8:16 AM MST

I think at some point most of us come into contact with people who think they're superior.  I don't know about the music correlations, but I do like all kinds of music (except rap and hip hop).
      February 19, 2019 9:32 AM MST

I'm drawn to jazz and classical music L but there are some others songs/melodies here and there I also enjoy. I like minor key melodies. I cannot stand dissonance! Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 19, 2019 9:35 AM MST

What amazes me is not so much the many levels of intellect there are, but rather how many rungs of stupid one can descend.
      February 18, 2019 9:32 AM MST

Funnee hunnee! First laughs of the day. I LOVE it! "...how many rungs of stupid one can descend". That's a keeper Sharon! Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 19, 2019 8:12 AM MST

There are lots of people who are very smart. Smarter than I am or ever could be.  However even with my limitations I have made a place for myself in this world that I am able to occupy as well as anyone.  Which may be nothing great but it works for me and I feel good in it. Yes some people, especially on this site do talk down to me which they have every right to do and I will even acknowledge their intellectual superiority. But I will not accept that it makes them "better" than me or that it allows them to dictate to me.  Is much more to life than just intellectual superiority. Thank God. 
      February 19, 2019 8:22 AM MST