Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If by some magical way you could know everything there is to know including all the answers to why would you be happy or empty?

If by some magical way you could know everything there is to know including all the answers to why would you be happy or empty?

You'd have nothing to learn or discover or wonder about or ponder upon. A recipe for great joy or great sadness?

Posted - February 18, 2019

Responses

Would take all the mystery out of life.
      February 18, 2019 7:05 AM MST

I agree! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 18, 2019 10:35 AM MST
      February 18, 2019 7:40 AM MST

• Not only that, we know that knowledge is not the same thing as wisdom. As Solomon said, Vanity, all is vanity!
      February 18, 2019 8:23 AM MST

I think I would be happy if I had the intuitive consciousness to figure out what to do to make some good use with all that knowledge, 
      February 18, 2019 7:16 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Monday to thee!  :) Upon further pondering of your reply Kg so you would impart your knowledge to others and help them and guide them and counsel them? That could make for a very worthwhile life! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 18, 2019 10:37 AM MST
      February 18, 2019 7:39 AM MST

Yes I guess I would do that. 
      February 18, 2019 12:10 PM MST

I would not not want to know everything.  I would rather there be some things I have yet to learn.  It makes one hopeful for the future.  Happy Monday. :)
      February 18, 2019 9:02 AM MST

You'd have nothing to aspire to, look forward to, improve upon.  I cannot imagine such a circumstance t hat would make me happy or content or satisfied. I'd be cut off from ever asking questions again. I mean I ask to find out what others think even though I know what I THINK. But that's because I often don't KNOW. I dunno. Maybe trying it on for size for a day would be okay as long as I could go back to the me I was. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Monday! :)
      February 18, 2019 10:47 AM MST

I think so, too.  Happy Monday. :)
      February 18, 2019 10:50 AM MST

Now ... would I know everything currently known?  Or the ultimate truth?

Example:  At one time, we "knew" gravity.  But that was based on Earth gravity, and now we know gravity isn't the same everywhere.
      February 18, 2019 9:14 AM MST

You would all ULTIMATE truth Walt. You know the bottom line. You would cut to the chase. Could you live well and joyfully knowing all? Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 18, 2019 10:48 AM MST

I don't know if I could live like that.

It would be nice to always know the truth ... but on the other hand, it would be annoying that science hasn't caught up to my knowledge.  
    I mean, I would constantly be trying to convince scientists of the ultimate truth.  
    And while I'm trying to show (say) biologists the ultimate truth - those darn astrophysicists would still be getting things wrong.
    Who has time for that?!?  Maybe if I were immortal.  But even then, I wouldn't want to spend all that time proving scientific truths.

So ... every truth?  No.
    Maybe just limited truth.
      February 18, 2019 11:56 AM MST

I know that question is missing two commas.  That doesn't at all make me happy.

(know, including)
    (why, would)

February 18, 2019 10:38 AM MST

Knowing every would make for a empty and depressing life. 

Learning is what keeps us alive.  What point would there be to life if we knew everything there is to know?  We are by nature curious beings.  We long to know.  We send probes into space and to other planets, all in an effort to "know" (to learn).  We dig in ruins to 'know'.  We trek into dark jungles to 'know'.  We explore the deepest oceans to 'know'.  We build relationships with other people to 'know'.   We push the boundaries to 'know'.  Our insatiable desire to know and learn is what keeps us going.

If we were to know everything, all there would be left is to simply exist.  No books to read (already know it), nothing left to achieve (been there; did that), same boring people around you day after day after day (already know what they're thinking)...   What's left?   We live to learn... to 'know'.  That's what gives life meaning.  It's that spark that keeps us going.  What shape is the sky?  Is there life on other planets?  How big is the universe?  Are there other universes beyond ours? 
      February 18, 2019 11:19 AM MST