Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If Obama had made this wall emergency declaration y'all would be setting fire to the White House and crucifying him. Woodentcha?

If Obama had made this wall emergency declaration y'all would be setting fire to the White House and crucifying him. Woodentcha?

But because he is your man and you stand by your man no matter what he done or does like docile little lambikins letting him have his way with you you willing to turn into lamb stew for him. What a bunch of hypocrites!.

Posted - February 18, 2019

Responses

This is an example of a great irony.

You are correct that the Trump Base would rail against Obama doing such a thing.

On the other hand, the Democrat Base saw (and continues to see) no problem with Obama ordering government agencies to ignore laws actually passed by Congress.  (IE: DACA)  In fact, as we know, the federal courts have approved this Presidential power grab.

This is proof of the Theory of Ratcheting Governmental Tyranny.
    Political PartyA is out of power, and decries the abuses of power of PartyB.
    PartyA gains power ... and engages in their own abuses of power (which are decried by PartyB) ... without removing the prior abuses.
    The process keeps repeating, slowly ratcheting up the level of tyranny.

February 18, 2019 8:00 AM MST

You are equating a wall that no one wants (except  don and his toady sycophants) to keep people out of the country seeking asylum which has been a GIVEN for decades with a medical insurance plan the purpose of which is to save lives? This AHCA the people wanted and the don and his minions are trying to destroy but the people won't let them. Every single trumpican candidate running in the 2018 mid-term election PROMISED that pre-existing conditions would be covered. The people spoke on that Walt. They DON'T WANT THE WALL. THEY WANT THE AHCA . One end-run around Congress HARMS. The other end-run PROTECTS. I see nothing remotely comparable there. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday. I'm gonna ask. This post was edited by RosieG at February 19, 2019 1:33 AM MST
      February 19, 2019 1:31 AM MST

It doesn't matter the results.
    What matters is that both are unConstitutional, and thus weaken our republic and strengthen tyranny.
    If you let a President violate the "balance of powers" in the Constitution for a "good" purpose - you set a precedent.
    You can't later claim the President doesn't have that power - because you already allowed it. 

We can debate a long time whether the ACA "hurts" or "protects".  There are millions of people who lost health coverage after the ACA, because they could no longer afford the increased premiums.
      February 19, 2019 7:20 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Walt. I can't get my head around it frankly. When you say the results don't matter or perhaps the cause/reason doesn't matter that does not compute. It is a limitation I have. When something sounds like nonnsense to me I can't accept it. Now I am NOT saying what you said is nonsense. I AM SAYING it sounds like nonsense TO ME. Thank you for your reply.
      February 19, 2019 7:54 AM MST

I am saying how you get there matters more than the results.  

Take human-caused climate change.
    The result goal is less impact by humans on the environment.
    Two (extreme) ways to get there:
    1 - Kill billions of humans.
    2 - Everybody cooperates to reduce their "footprint".

Both methods will give you the same result.  

- -

It doesn't matter WHY a President does an "end run" around the Constitution, as much as that they did so.
    We don't live in a Monarchy.  The People elect both a Congress and President (and sometimes judges) for a balance of power.
    When one of those branches exceeds their Constitutional authority, they are setting us further on the road to tyranny.
    And (as I've said before) it has led us to where we are now.

February 19, 2019 8:21 AM MST

If Obama had done the same thing his followers would have worshipped him as the Second Coming!  Funny how so many things just come down to politics rather than usefulness or practicality. 
      February 18, 2019 8:58 AM MST

Upon WHAT do you base that assumption? Clearly you know ZERO about Democrats og. Less than zero. Seriously. Are you really that uninformed about the difference between you and those who perceive as you do and me and those who perceive as I do? Whatever. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thy. This post was edited by RosieG at February 19, 2019 5:43 AM MST
      February 19, 2019 5:31 AM MST

The current enthusiasm for illegal immigrants did not exist during the years Obama was in and is only a function of Republican attempts to tighten immigration.  Until many Democrats found they could use it to salve their guilty consciences. 
      February 19, 2019 5:40 AM MST

Why is Trump still breathing.  Hundreds of millions of people all over the planet despise this pig.   He is surrounded by the MOST INCOMPETENT morons on the planet.  SO WHY?  WHY hasn't anyone successfully taken this jerk out?

He is like wide open.  Just end this reign for once and for all.  
      February 18, 2019 10:06 AM MST

For one ... the Secret Service and FBI are still filled with competent agents.
    For another ... those on the opposite end of the political spectrum from Trump generally don't purchase firearms.
      February 18, 2019 12:51 PM MST

You know Sharon Jim keeps asking me that same question. How is that such a despicable person whom more people hate than not is still around? I can't answer it. SIGH. Each day his awfulness grows. What we learn about him is worse and terrible and awful and traitorous and treasonous because he is moral-free ignoramus. But some millions of folks worshipingly adore him because to them he walks on  water and is the second coming of Jesus and their savior! AS IF! Hopefully soon we shall overcome. Be saved. GET him OUT! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      February 19, 2019 1:36 AM MST

If Obama had done it, I might have liked him a little more.
      February 18, 2019 10:50 AM MST

And Obama is living proof that he did not need you and Trump's fiasco of a joke of a reign proves to everyone what it is like to have people like you make political choices.
      February 18, 2019 11:18 AM MST

Right back at ya.
      February 18, 2019 1:47 PM MST

To each his own glen. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      February 19, 2019 1:37 AM MST

I would have been amazed Obama did something I agreed with. 
      February 18, 2019 4:06 PM MST

Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      February 19, 2019 1:37 AM MST