Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Music » Who is your favourite member of the Rat pack and why?

Who is your favourite member of the Rat pack and why?

A) Frank Sinatra 
B) Dean Martin 
C) Sammy Davis Jr. 
D) Peter Lawford 
E) Joey Bishop
E1/2) Mickey Mouse for NJ. 

Posted - February 18, 2019

Responses

"E" Mickey Mouse when he was young....:) This post was edited by Nice Jugs at February 19, 2019 6:04 AM MST
      February 18, 2019 8:15 PM MST

• Lol Okay:) I’m adding that as an option just for you. 
      February 18, 2019 8:21 PM MST

Cheers...:)D
      February 18, 2019 8:24 PM MST

• :)
      February 18, 2019 8:25 PM MST

:)  :()  :(D) 
      February 18, 2019 8:32 PM MST

The one you can't recall is Joey Bishop, a comedian.
      February 18, 2019 8:46 PM MST

• Thanks, I’ll add him. 
      February 19, 2019 6:28 AM MST

• I'll go with Dean This post was edited by my2cents at February 20, 2019 6:01 PM MST
      February 19, 2019 6:04 AM MST

• I approve of your choice. 
      February 19, 2019 6:28 AM MST

Sammy Davis cuz he had a glass eye and he was a satanist! he was hardcore
      February 19, 2019 11:51 AM MST

• He’s my favourite too, I think.  I like Frank Sinatra a lot as well. I didn’t know about the satanist thing before this though lol. Yay, I learned something new today. Okay, you’re allowed back in the cafeteria.  
      February 19, 2019 1:45 PM MST

Haha I think he was made an honorary member by the man who started the church because Sammy Davis Jr. was in a tv sitcom pilot about Satan? I don't really know the details, I just looked it up to make sure I wasn't confusing him for someone else and there's barely any info about it so idk. I hope it's true anyway. This post was edited by bigloseridiotman at February 20, 2019 4:07 PM MST
      February 19, 2019 7:18 PM MST

• You mean you just made all that up??? Why you lie to me :( it’s cos the sword fight, isn’t it?
      February 20, 2019 4:08 PM MST

My rep was never the same after that sword fight
      February 20, 2019 6:13 PM MST

• I feel ya’ homie. I’ve not been same since either 
      February 20, 2019 6:19 PM MST

C) Sammy Davis Jr. 
      February 19, 2019 1:49 PM MST

• Yeah! he was great.

February 19, 2019 2:13 PM MST

• Has to be Dino!  He was the epitome of suave and cool!  A handsome guy who was very talented too.  
      February 19, 2019 3:20 PM MST

• Agree, good choice ;)
      February 19, 2019 6:46 PM MST

Goodness I imagined you would be too young to have known about them.  I remember seeing them on TV individually and they were popular mainstream entertainers. Very celebrated and talented in various ways. Sinatra and Dean Martin were singers but has talents for drama and comedy as well.  Sammy Davis was perhaps the consummate entertainer in those days who could do it all.  Funny that seems so long ago I would have guess nobody really cares about them any longer - that was an entirely different age and people valued different kinds of things.  Lawford was an actor and Joey Bishop a comedian and TV show host who had his own shows in the 1960s.  I don't recall ever hearing about any "rat pack" in those days but I was growing up and it may have been too adult for kids.  But people talk a lot now about rat packs  and I guess you would think that was the biggest thing in those days but I don't think it really was though as I mentioned they all had big followings but it was more my parents generation who liked them. 
      February 19, 2019 8:03 PM MST

• I guess I am too young haha. I think I just romanticize that era in time. Probably cos I was obsessed with the show MadMen. I know probably wasn’t the best time live through... but it all looks so much simpler to me from my perspective here and now.    
      February 20, 2019 4:11 PM MST

I remember it as a good time to live through because people had good values and respected one another and learned from one another no matter how they felt about each other. Of course I was only 3 years old in 1960 which I think is the year Madmen supposedly started. I saw a few of those and my father was very successful in business that same time so made me think of him.  Advertising was a very creative industry in the 1960s. My father's company manufactured tools. I think a lot of people in my parents generation found the 60s a hard time because they had bought into a whole system of life that made them successful but produced a lot of stress they did not know how to handle.  My father was away from home a lot selling and became very unhappy and drank and my mother became pretty estranged and resorted to prescription downers. They were the "perfect couple " in public or at the country club but hardly ever talked to each other at home.  I would say things had been simpler but in the 1960s they became a lot more complicated for people and many had trouble handling the complications. 
      February 20, 2019 8:30 PM MST

Sammy Davis Jr. partly because he was a great dancer and singer and partly because he helped break down racial barriers. Sammy Davis Jr. did impressions back then it was only acceptable for black people to do impressions of other black people but one day Sammy Davis Jr. said the heck with that and he started doing impressions of people like Frank Sinatra and Jerry Lewis and almost everybody loved and accepted it. Cheers!  
      February 19, 2019 10:57 PM MST

• I love him too.
      February 20, 2019 4:12 PM MST