Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How many times in your life so far have you been truly in love? Twice for me.

How many times in your life so far have you been truly in love? Twice for me.

I think I’m having a nostalgia meltdown lol. 

Posted - February 20, 2019

Responses

• But would you give up that R Kelly documentery for me?? That maude one?? Do you love me THAT much? Hmmmmmm? 
      February 21, 2019 6:11 PM MST

The R Kelly pee tapes doc vs you? Easily you. And when the Trump pee tapes inevitably surface, we can make some popcorn and have a nice night in watching that together. It'll be just so romantic!
      February 21, 2019 6:36 PM MST

• It must be  ’ true internet love’ then... lol it’s  a date. 
      February 21, 2019 6:41 PM MST

Three
      February 21, 2019 12:43 AM MST

• Nice :)
      February 21, 2019 4:58 AM MST

I have to say that I tried to listen to your video but after two minutes just could not take any more.  It felt like I was in the band room during rehearsal of junior high band on the first day of the year. 
      February 21, 2019 12:49 AM MST

• Haha that’s okay. Some of music tastes can be pretty out there. Not for everyone :)
      February 21, 2019 4:59 AM MST

• One time and I've been married to him for decades.  I wonder when people say they've been "truly in love" many times??  I think a lot of people feel that being in "lust" is the same as being in love.  Love is something that doesn't come into someone's life a lot .. if it's the real thing IMO.  I guess "love" means different things to different people.  
      February 21, 2019 2:27 AM MST

• Oh if this question was about lust my number  higher than 2 lol. That’s sweet you and your husband have been together so long and happy. :)
      February 21, 2019 5:00 AM MST

Assumes that being "truly in love" is somehow a measurable quantity.  Which I don't think it can be since it is so personal and private.  I remember when people used to say OK when you are truly in love you will know it.  Don't know about that at all.  At one time I developed a crush on anyone who paid attention to me.  Later I just assumed if I had a boyfriend that meant I loved him.  Still later I really thought if I had an orgasm it must mean I was in love.  In terms of the intensity of my feeling for someone I would go through periods of feeling intensely for someone and other periods of no feeling so much for them.  Can be based on our expectation for ourselves as well.  In my mid 20s I was so "truly in love" that I made my whole life pretty much about him even when he started being abusive.  He eventually threw me out which was the best thing that could have happened to me.  If that was love then who needs it? 

How I have come to look at it is this: when I give what I have to give I am loving them.  Truly. May be not all I am capable of giving but is all I can give of myself at the time.  And under the circumstances.  Which I have done in all my close relationships and even in some of my casual.  If they did not appreciate it then so be it.  I am not gaga head over heels about my husband.  We are both very imperfect human beings who have been fortunate enough to find each other and we get on and enjoy each other's company and agree on many things.  Best friends.  So good enough for me whatever you will choose to call it.
      February 21, 2019 7:32 AM MST

• That all makes sense and if working for you is great. 
      February 21, 2019 3:10 PM MST

• I don't know.  Once or maybe twice.  I suppose I'll just stick with once as it probably shouldn't be the kind of feeling that is up for debate. 
      February 21, 2019 9:50 AM MST

• Maybe it’s once and a half :)
      February 21, 2019 3:11 PM MST

• Half-ass true love?  That doesn't sound very romantic. 
      February 21, 2019 3:14 PM MST

• maybe it will do‘ at times...
      February 21, 2019 3:30 PM MST

• Caught up on those notifications yet?   Every comment I leave is just one more that you're going to have to respond to.....freak. 
      February 21, 2019 3:32 PM MST

• Lol... I’ve been looking at new ones cos once checked one seemed to delete other 80
      February 21, 2019 3:33 PM MST

Twice and nothing really changes if you're lucky in love....:)D 
      February 21, 2019 1:26 PM MST

• Twice is nice. :)
      February 21, 2019 3:11 PM MST

I can only agree....lol
      February 21, 2019 3:28 PM MST

• That’s twice in one week! 
      February 21, 2019 3:30 PM MST

Actually I get up to mischief more on a daily basis.....as I find it keeps me young at heart ...lol
      February 22, 2019 2:08 AM MST

• I can tell haha
      February 22, 2019 6:53 AM MST

I would much prefer you didn't ...we gossips have a bad enough reputation as it is...:(  
      February 22, 2019 12:41 PM MST

• You gossip?? Give me the dirt on someone then!!! ;p
      February 22, 2019 1:12 PM MST