Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Here's something upon which to ponder when you get bored with usual daily political drivel. Got time?

Here's something upon which to ponder when you get bored with usual daily political drivel. Got time?

So THE UNIVERSE is 13.8 BILLION YEARS OLD(Allegedly. How they KNOW THIS I don't know)

The SUN is 4.603 BILLION YEARS OLD(Ditto the above)

The EARTH is 4.543 BILLION YEARS OLD(Ditto the above the above)

There are varying estimates depending upon the source you use of how much longer everything we know today will stay and then POOF be gone. Suffice it to say it won't happen in your lifetime.

So the universe dies whenever and along with it dies space and time right? Reality doesn't even exist now we are told. Reality is what we create in order to navigate our lives. We make order out of the chaos because we can't not.

THE BIG BANG is what we are told began everything (well except for that tiny little single atom that already existed before THE BIG BANG per Dr. Hawking.) THE BIG CRUNCH will be the ending. Will nothing exist then in that thereafter or might there be a tiny other residual something like say a tiny atom?

Are you bored to death with such thoughts and meanderings? Are you only interested in what your five senses can confirm and the rest of it is hokey and useless? Why?

Posted - February 21, 2019

Responses

Um,  OK
      February 21, 2019 7:37 AM MST

What am I supposed to do with this response bh? What is "OK"? Would you care to clarify what you mean and expand upon it?
      February 22, 2019 2:51 AM MST

I've always questioned the Big Bang Theory because it requires having matter and energy in the first place. I think someone should have a Theory of Creating the Star Stuff that made The Big Bang. 
      February 22, 2019 6:33 AM MST

It's not an easy thing to think about and come to any conclusions bh. It's mysterious really. All the opining and conjecture and supposing and predicting they do cannot really ever be PROVEN SCIENTIFICALLY can it? I mean they say earth is 4 and a half billion years old. HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT? The more I think about it the more confused I get but I keep going back for more because it is fascinating. Thank you for your reply. Did you ever see the TV Series COSMOS with Carl Sagan? He also wrote a book titled that. Anyway he said that humans are all  made of STAR STUFF. So is that where you got STAR STUFF from m'dear? Carl Sagan or is that your description? :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 22, 2019 6:42 AM MST
      February 22, 2019 6:40 AM MST

Yeah.  

Let's talk about this 16-state lawsuit filed by the AG California, Xavier Becerra,  to protect their natural resources from which the President is raping them of.  He is pillaging his own country to protect his image.   His image of LIES.   

I cannot handle big questions like the Universe on a site that makes it so difficult to discuss big issues like giant scientific discussions.  It does not make us smarter.  It just makes it harder to answer because the answers must be long-winded and researched.

Let's research things that we KNOW we can research accurately.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 22, 2019 6:38 AM MST
      February 21, 2019 10:21 AM MST

Oh Sharon. After all these years you suggest LIMITING my curiosity? I thought you knew me better than that. Oh well. Thank you for your reply. Yes. Once again CALIFORNIA leads the rebellion. I am very proud to be a Californian. Maybe my former Attorney General Kamala Harris will be our next president. Limiting my curiosity would be the death of me. But thank you. I shall ask another question because of you.
      February 22, 2019 2:08 AM MST