Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Matching outfits for couples, yes or no?

Matching outfits for couples, yes or no?

~

Posted - February 25, 2019

Responses

Awwwww maybe one matching outfit.  It would be fun to try, no stripes however
      February 25, 2019 4:21 AM MST

No. Just no.
      February 25, 2019 4:56 AM MST

No way ever, what a sickening thought. 

I can think of one exception, beaches in Croatia, Bulgaria, North Sea etc.  A lot of these beaches are suits optional. So yes you are dressed like your partner, however the personal parts are not the same unless you are gay,Lesbian etc
      February 25, 2019 6:47 AM MST

NOOOOOOOOOO!
      February 25, 2019 7:08 AM MST

• Big hellz to the nope on that.
      February 25, 2019 7:22 AM MST

• That’s just icky. 
      February 25, 2019 7:46 AM MST

Hey why not if you can pull it off and you want to make a statement.  Neither of which I would want to do. Just sentencing oneself to finding something that worked as well on your husband as you would be I think almost a full time job and who wants to put themselves through that kind of effort and agony?
      February 25, 2019 8:14 AM MST

• i don't mind as long as it isn't those "her king his queen" sweatshirts you get from the pagoda at the mall. whenever i see them i know they sell weed out of their house and break up at least once a month over a facebook post 
      February 25, 2019 8:21 AM MST

• That would be a BIG NO!  

February 25, 2019 8:42 AM MST

You know what that reminds me of?  Twins having sex with one another.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 22, 2023 7:12 PM MST
      February 25, 2019 8:44 AM MST

Eh... I'm about 50/50 on this one. When I was in my 20s, we did a family photo shoot all wearing smiley face tie-dye shirts with a blue sky and fluffy white clouds in the background. At the time, it was mostly me being goofy and eschewing social norms because I know most people go for the cute matching outfits like the one you showed. I still love those photos. At the same time, I could totally see how they belong on one of those sites designed for mocking family photos and I cannot fathom what made my ex-husband agree to it. In later group photos, I either had everyone wear black shirts or we semi-coordinated. Those look much more natural and I like them better.

I also had an ex-boyfriend buy us matching underwear sets once. (Not had in the sense I made him- he bought them and surprised me with them.) That was hilarious. I thought it was really cheesy at first... no... I always thought it was cheesy... but for some reason, we ended up wearing our matching sets at the same time a lot unintentionally. That was kind of fun too. Like it was our little secret when we'd go out.
      February 25, 2019 11:51 AM MST

I think both your choices and reasons for doing this are really extraordinarily cool, actually.  
      February 25, 2019 11:52 AM MST

No! And quit dressing like me and trying to pretend we're a couple.
      February 25, 2019 5:17 PM MST

If it's not specifically delineated as a violation of the restraining order, I can do it as much as I like.  So there!
    ~
      February 25, 2019 9:24 PM MST

Exact matches I don't like - makes people look like they've been churned out on a factory conveyor belt - destroys the expression of inviduality.
    I hate commercial uniforms for the same reason.
    Hate seeing a person being stamped with the brand of their boss, as though their whole lives and every minute detail of their behaviour has no freedom of choice and no personal responsibility, honour or pride - all is one big add for the business. Dehumanising in my view.

Complimentary outfits look great for dancers.

Husband and I often unconsciously choose similar colours and style for outings.
    It feels good when it happens - as though somehow on that day we're more in tune with each other. This post was edited by inky at December 25, 2019 7:23 PM MST
      February 25, 2019 6:37 PM MST

Oh dear God, no!  I dated a guy for a long time who always wanted to coordinate outfits.  This was many years ago.  I always said the same thing:  I'll surprise you.  He was one of those "he's almost perfect for me" men who I just could not love. 
      February 26, 2019 2:32 PM MST

Oh yeah! A-ha! 

February 26, 2019 3:17 PM MST

OMG HELL NO.......NOTHING looks more cheap/trashy/low class than matching outfits...

END OF DISCUSSION.............OK???????

yuk

:(

:(
      October 17, 2019 8:43 AM MDT

• Matching outfits? That’s a huge no from me. 
      December 20, 2019 4:18 PM MST

Wife knitted us a pair of CHristmas outfits but they didn't really match hers was white, mine red, but same pattern. 
      December 25, 2019 8:20 AM MST

• Don't care for the idea much in regards to everyday wear on a regular basis.  Occasional times for the purpose of being cheeky and cute is light-hearted fun and I do enjoy that.  Overall I suppose I do like the idea especially for pajamas and stuff or Christmas morning pictures.  My boyfriend Jon (The Goat) disdains the idea.  I'm gonna have to work on him I guess.

December 25, 2019 10:28 AM MST

Ari and I don't usually bother to consult about what we're wearing -
    yet we often end up wearing not matching but harmonising colours and styles.
    We're not even looking at each other while we're dressing.

I guess it's due to sympatico in our tastes.
      December 25, 2019 6:29 PM MST

Pat doesn't look at me while I am dressing...I don't blame her.
      December 25, 2019 7:25 PM MST

I think it could look cute, parents often dress twins in matching cloths   ....:) 
      December 25, 2019 8:01 PM MST