Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you play a musical instrument?

Do you play a musical instrument?

I play a four and five string bass. My husband is a guitarist  

Posted - February 26, 2019

Responses

No, but I've always wanted to learn to play the piano because apparently I have the perfect fingers for it.
      February 26, 2019 7:20 PM MST

You should try it! 
      February 26, 2019 7:22 PM MST

I play the stereo. Loud and often. 
      February 26, 2019 7:20 PM MST

There is never a night that music is not being played in our home. Loud! We moved to another county just because of the noise ordinance (not really but, it was a great incentive). Who wants to stop playing at 11:00? 
      February 26, 2019 7:25 PM MST

I used to play bass Air guitar but one day I forgot it at a party - I went back the next day  to get it and the guy said he didn't see it. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at February 27, 2019 6:06 PM MST
      February 26, 2019 8:00 PM MST

Hello there Easyjolene..
    Sure do. I hit things with sticks...
    I started wayyy back in elementary school on a snare, back when schools had orchestras
    graduated to a set in 4th grade and was brought to the jr. high school down the street to play with their stage band.
    during high school I was fortunate to go to a jazz clinic run by Stan Kenton for a few weeks out of the summers, did that for 3 years. I also during those years played in a band that did 3 tours, one was throughout 17 states, another was up to Canada, Vancouver island and the last was down south to L.A and San Diego. when I graduated, went into the army, when I got out I went to find fame in Reno where I got a gig playing for a one hit wonder band that was living off their 1 song...when that didn't work out I moved back to the bay area  and quit playing, I got married, then divorced and ended up raising my kids on my own.
    They are now grown and on their own and Dad has started playing again.
    I am now doing studio work with a few guys I met and we are putting together our own music now.
    We have no illusions of becoming famous and we are not interested in playing any shows, it is just for our own satisfaction and enjoyment, and we are enjoying it a lot...
    During the years I have also become proficient in guitar and piano
      February 26, 2019 8:53 PM MST

I play the piano.
      February 26, 2019 9:05 PM MST

The radio.
      February 26, 2019 10:41 PM MST

I make some muzak, strum a little geetar, flick me some pianee
      February 27, 2019 12:03 AM MST

Yes, piano.
      February 27, 2019 1:02 AM MST

I studied flute for 9 years and played that and piccolo in symphonic bands in high school and marching and pep bands in college. I also sang in several a capella groups and glee clubs.
      February 27, 2019 1:18 AM MST

• My husband played the flute in high school and college too.  He really enjoyed it.
      February 27, 2019 6:28 AM MST

Keyboards, rhythm guitar and I also played an euphonium in the high school orchestra more than thirty years ago. But my best instrument is voice - I'm an operatic baritone.

I don't play guitar much anymore - I played and sang The Carnival Is Over at my mother's funeral (she was a Seekers fan), and I get too emotional when I handle the instrument. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 27, 2019 6:07 PM MST
      February 27, 2019 3:07 AM MST

• Played piano for many years.....still play when I have the chance but definitely not as much as I'd like to. 
      February 27, 2019 6:30 AM MST

When I was in high school I played baritone horn. I wanted to play guitar but there weren't any guitar teachers. Since then I have always played a recorder, but I never found any musical atmosphere and never learned to play well. A few years ago I bought a dobro, but the only way I could learn was by buying lessons from youtube at forty bux each, so I didn't continue that very long. The basic problem is that music just never got me any friends.
      February 27, 2019 12:32 PM MST