Active Now

Danilo_G
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Methodists BAN Gay Clergy and Same Sex Marriage. Back to the olden days? Why not go backer still and take away women's votes? Reslave folks?

Methodists BAN Gay Clergy and Same Sex Marriage. Back to the olden days? Why not go backer still and take away women's votes? Reslave folks?

Go backer still and what you get is what exactly? Good job Methodists. Way ta go! Lead the way for your copycat brethern to follow you back way back. SIGH. One step forward 20 steps back.

Posted - February 28, 2019

Responses

We are.  We are going to ban abortion next.
      February 28, 2019 9:21 AM MST

I can only hope you are right.
      February 28, 2019 9:46 AM MST

Because you don't think.  That is why you hope for a day when women cannot get access to medical care that is none of your business.  
      February 28, 2019 9:48 AM MST

Abortion is not medical care for the Mother or the child. 
      February 28, 2019 9:50 AM MST

How do you know?  

Have you done the research on women who were raped by their fathers?  HAVE YOU?  NO. You are not thinking and if it happened to you, you maybe you would shut it.
      February 28, 2019 10:02 AM MST

Less than 3% of abortions are performed because of rape, incest or health of the Mother. Most of the women who are raped keep the baby. (Yes, I have researched)  It was part of my change from pro-choice to pro-life. 
    In the case of Dad raping his daughter...he needs to go to prison. Not be able to take her to PP and kill it. Allowing him able to continue victimizing the daughter. Likely even making the choice for her in order to hide his evil crime.

The baby can be either kept by the Mother (the victim, not Dads wife) or adopted. In either case the baby is alive and should not be punished for the actions of the Father. 
      February 28, 2019 10:18 AM MST

:):):)
      March 2, 2019 5:00 AM MST

Reactionarues obsess about going back to "before". Keep going. Keep going. Keep going. Sigh. Thank you for your reply Sharon!  :)
      March 1, 2019 2:42 AM MST

Last time I checked Methodist church is not in charge of who is allowed to vote. 
    But they have every right to follow the Bible in their churches. 
      February 28, 2019 9:48 AM MST

My2cents is correct.

We are talking about a religious sect.
    If a Methodist doesn't agree with the policies, they are free to leave and join another religious sect ... or start their own.
    After all, that is why there are so many Christian sects. 
      February 28, 2019 9:51 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Friday.
      March 1, 2019 2:42 AM MST

Big disagreement here.  

How is a religious order refusing to bow down to the sinful ways of the world bothering anyone else?  God clearly states that those who pracrice hoimosexuality (and such) are sinning.  To condone any sin is wrong.  The "world" may say its ok to practice such things, but that doesn't make it  right to do so.    Too many "churches" cave into worldly pressures and call what God says is a sin, "ok".  Any religious order that knowingly allows sinful practices to continue reigning/existing within itself is NOT following God - despite what they may think or say.  One may not like or agree with what God says, but that doesn't change what He said.

February 28, 2019 11:28 AM MST

Different strokes. Thank you for your reply.
      March 1, 2019 2:43 AM MST

• I'm not a Methodist. I know very little of how they conduct their business, but I can say that I'm proud of this move on their part. The pulpit is no place for those practicing any form of sexual perversion or immorality. No matter how much we like to pat ourselves on the back in our efforts to be "politically correct", surrendering spiritual leadership of the church to those who are living perverse lifestyles is grave error. Let those who aspire to preach the gospel get their lives in tune with God's word but get out of the pulpit until that is accomplished. Compromising with sin is an invitation to disaster for God's church is IN the world, but not OF the world. Any effort to conform to the demands of the world is a mockery and that is one of the major reasons that the church in America is in such trouble. 
      February 28, 2019 12:26 PM MST

If the Methodists want to keep that out of their church they are well within their rights to do so. They are free to run their church how they see fit. I'm a supporter of gay rights but I am not a supporter of telling a church how to run it's business. If you (not you personally, just you in general) find their ways offensive, there are a thousand more Christian sects to choose from. 
      February 28, 2019 12:56 PM MST

If by "Back to the olden days" you mean back to what the Bible teaches about the sin of homosexuality, then I agree with their decision. A decision that they have every right to make whether you, me, or anyone else agrees with it or not. After years of inconsistency among individual United Methodist churches, it's good to see a single, coherent Bible-based policy being put in place. Will it cause problems? Yes, it will and judging by your question, it already has. :)
      March 2, 2019 6:19 AM MST