Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What flavor is your breakfast today?

What flavor is your breakfast today?

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

My I have yours, then? I grew up eating them.
      March 4, 2019 1:41 PM MST

Certainly. :)
      March 4, 2019 1:48 PM MST

Never heard of these, but I like beetroot and I like eggs, so I may give these a go. Beetroot is supposed to be good for the heart isn't it?
      March 4, 2019 1:32 PM MST

Beets are root tubers, like potatoes.
      March 4, 2019 1:39 PM MST

It is SO good for so many things.  I drink beet juice a lot derived from this plant and it gives so much good energy.
      March 5, 2019 10:29 AM MST

Yes I've drunk the juice, tastes nice and it turns your urine purple lol!
      March 5, 2019 4:23 PM MST

• bitter and sweet. i had cold black coffee and a dark chocolate kind fruit and nut bar 
      March 4, 2019 1:00 PM MST

Coffee and a Chunky.  Gotcha!   I haven't seen one of these in ages and they are the bomb.  Not dark chocolate but very good chocolate.  It's kind of soft too.

March 4, 2019 1:08 PM MST

• oh i love those! but it was actually one of these. 

i'm on a diet 
      March 4, 2019 1:39 PM MST

I knew it wasn't the chunky.  I knew it was something like this.  I will try this kind (pun) next time I am hungry and have a craving.  
      March 5, 2019 10:30 AM MST

I had two hard boiled eggs, a cup of yogurt, and a cup of blueberry ice cream. I didn't bother to take a picture because I was pretty sure nobody would care.

I have been experimenting with hard boiled eggs. A lot of people have posted methods. One wants you to put the eggs in cold water and bring all to a boil, one says to get the water boiling and then put the eggs in, another says the best way is to steam the eggs. But all advise 11 to 13 minutes of cooking and an ice water soak at the end of that time. The simple truth is it doesn't matter much how you boil your eggs, and the time depends on your altitude, but the ice water bath is absolutely necessary to make the egg let go of its shell. There are various ways to get the shell off. I use a teaspoon.

The way to make yogurt is to mix powdered milk normally and then heat slowly to 185F. Heating slowly allows all the proteins to do their thing, producing a smooth creamy product with little liquid. When it has cooled to 120F, add the starter and transfer to whatever containers you use. Put the containers in a bucket and add water at 120F and leave it for a few hours, up to overnight. The extended time at reduced temperature encourages more than one strain of yogurt bacteria, and that gives a nice flavor. 

To make ice cream, mix one cup sugar and one quart half and half in a double boiler. Heat, stirring frequently. While that heats, beat two eggs in a bowl and add two TBSP flour and one half tsp salt. When the pan gets warm to the touch, transfer two or three TBSP of milk to the egg mixture while stirring. When the pan is too hot to touch, or 140F if you are a stickler for details, add the egg mixture slowly to the milk while stirring constantly. Stir the mixture constantly until it reaches 180F or until it coats the back of your stirring paddle. "Coats" means you can draw a line through it with your finger. Cool thoroughly.  When you go to churn it, add a can of pie filling.

One more tip: If you plan to make a lot of ice cream, buy a 25 pound bag of pool salt instead of using food salt or rock salt.
      March 4, 2019 6:36 PM MST

YOU ARE WRONG.  I CARE.

I LOVE PICTURES.  THEY SPEAK A THOUSAND WORDS.  WE ALL LOVE PICS
      March 5, 2019 10:28 AM MST

Ok, here is a picture for you:

March 6, 2019 5:29 AM MST

Now you be nice. Aardvarks didn't get top billing in the dictionary by accident!
      March 6, 2019 5:30 AM MST

• Peach, blueberry, and raspberry. It's a probiotic cereal. I like it a lot. 
      March 5, 2019 10:26 AM MST

Is there a name?  I would buy that.  
      March 5, 2019 10:27 AM MST

• This is the one: https://www.specialk.com/en_US/products/special-k-cereal-peaches-and-berries.html

I
     think it's pretty good. It's interesting to see probiotics in mainstream brands. 
      March 5, 2019 10:29 AM MST

Nev, I think it is one thing that can save us.  We have so much garbage to choose from in stores these days.

This and sprouting your own organic seeds and beans and nuts is a great idea and micro nutrients you can sprout and grow and eat are really catching on.  (cheap too)
      March 5, 2019 10:32 AM MST

I just clicked on to your site.  NO  THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEAN.

Probiotics are not in a cardboard box with fake crap injected into a dried out dead flake 

This has no more pro biotic in it than anything that is dried and processed.

Probiotics are ALIVE and vital.  NOT IN KELLOGS of battle creek.  GOD.
      March 5, 2019 10:34 AM MST

• The bacteria is in the yogurt pieces that are in the cereal. 
      March 5, 2019 10:36 AM MST

YOGURT?  DAIRY PRODUCT?

No.  No. No.

It's dried out for one and we can ferment living fruit and have a much better cereal. THAT is what I thought you meant.  Not this garbage.  Why would I put those flakes in my body that are made from that manufacturing plant?  No way.  I mean I eat lots of junk that I should not, but I know it is not healthy.  This is just empty junk you are eating.

Watch this some day.  It may help change your life.  

Calling garbage probiotics is the same ploy they used when labeling junk as organic.  They really stretch the word meaning here.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 5, 2019 10:46 AM MST
      March 5, 2019 10:43 AM MST

• Well, okay. But eating this cereal, as well as Raisin Bran, has greatly helped my "regularity", which can often be a bit out of whack. 
      March 5, 2019 10:46 AM MST

If it is out of whack, you need to check out why.  But I am with you.  I would eat it too if I had little recourse to other things, like knowing a better alternative.

I used to drink coffee when I was constipated and that is much worse than your choice.  

Now I eat a lot of fruit and veggies and that has ended for good.  I drink a lot of carrot juice and beet juice and apple juice and apple cider vinegar is a GREAT probio.
      March 5, 2019 10:49 AM MST

probably a coffee flavor since i didnt eat nnuch besides coffee
      March 10, 2019 4:59 PM MDT

Buffalo chicken- leftovers
      March 11, 2019 10:46 AM MDT