Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I ain't no political analyst or anything, but I bet still that when we get to see TRUMP'S TAXES? He is dead in the H2O.

I ain't no political analyst or anything, but I bet still that when we get to see TRUMP'S TAXES? He is dead in the H2O.

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

March 4, 2019 7:26 PM MST

IF we get to see his taxes, which there is no constitutional, or legislative requirement for him to release them...
      March 4, 2019 7:30 PM MST

Hello d:

If congress subpoenas them, he's dead meat.

excon
      March 4, 2019 7:40 PM MST

hey Ex...man, its been a long time, good to see you.
    He can refuse and take it to the courts...If there was anything illegal in them, they would have been leaked by now and as far as I know he has never been convicted of a tax crime, which isn't the same as being fined or penalized.
      March 4, 2019 7:47 PM MST

Hello des:

Nice to see you too.. 

I don't think he evaded taxes or committed tax fraud..  I wanna see WHERE his money came from.  I wanna know how much Saudi Arabia paid him..  I wanna know how much Russia paid him..  That's the juicy stuff.

Yeah...  I think he would refuse..  But, in similar circumstances, SCOTUS ruled AGAINST Nixon.

excon This post was edited by excon at March 5, 2019 5:15 PM MST
      March 4, 2019 8:01 PM MST

Hey there ex.
    In the case of U.S. vs. Nixon there was a CRIME The court said that Nixon had to turn over the tapes and other materials related to that CRIME.
    That's how the system works, we identify a crime and we look for the people who committed that crime, we don't take people and then search for a crime...So name me the CRIME the President has committed while in office..not what you wish were true, but rather what is true, collusion, not a crime, firing those within the executive branch, not obstruction, pressuring someone to keep your agenda, unless done under criminal behavior,is not by itself a crime..
    You don't get to see information, just because you want to because you think it might be "juicy"...
      March 5, 2019 5:23 PM MST

Hello again, des:

This isn't about crime.  It's about oversight.  Congress doesn't need a crime to do its duty of over seeing the president..  They have the absolute right to ANYTHING they want from the president..

excon
      March 5, 2019 6:34 PM MST

Guess what other President never disclosed their tax returns?
    Gerald Ford

While there is no requirement that the President release his tax returns to the public or Congress - Presidents ARE subject to an annual IRS audit.  
      March 5, 2019 2:54 PM MST

i dont know anything about that
      March 10, 2019 4:58 PM MDT