Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever been involved in an on line relationship? Did it turn out good or bad?

Have you ever been involved in an on line relationship? Did it turn out good or bad?

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

March 5, 2019 7:01 AM MST

I had a relationship with someone I met on Answerbag back in 2009.  We each maintained our own home but we spent more time together than apart.  We were together for about four years. I have good memories from those days.  Life goes on, and sometimes seems to repeat itself.  That can be good....or not.
      March 4, 2019 10:48 PM MST

On Answerbag I corresponded regularly with I would say about 40 or 50 people through private messaging over the course of six years.  Some lost interest or disappeared, some eventually had nothing more to say, a couple became offended or upset with me and unfriended me.  But mostly like any relationship there s a natural course and you run through it and it is over.  Not romantic relationships though some did involve a certain amount of flirting or "come hither" talk.  With two of them I engaged in I guess you would call it online sex but only a few times as that seemed a little weird.  Four times I did actually meet with people who lived close to me and did spend a few weekends with one couple I corresponded with and their friends.  One person tracked me down when I was still single to visit me which was awkward.  On another occasion I invited someone to visit me also from another part of the country but it was strained.  Oh also I spent a vacation week with one of my correspondents who was interested in me at least superficially in his home town.  None of these were anything I took very seriously as I really think purely online relationships are by their very nature limited.  I think too bed so many people fall for them but I guess they must lack the social skills to relate to others in person so they seem to depend on the net. 
      March 5, 2019 5:22 AM MST

The people I know who had AB relationships were all surprised they happened.  I sure as hell was.  :)
      March 6, 2019 12:04 AM MST

Just "matchmaking" sites.
    And those usually don't work out, after meeting in person.
    Either because I am as perverted in person as online ... or they are not who they pretend to be online.
      March 5, 2019 2:29 PM MST

Oh GOD no.
      March 6, 2019 1:06 PM MST

no, i dont go around dating strangers
      March 8, 2019 3:59 PM MST