Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What kinds of illnesses might be healable by stem cell therapy sometime within the next ten years?

What kinds of illnesses might be healable by stem cell therapy sometime within the next ten years?

Posted - March 5, 2019

Responses

Hello Nom de Plume
    One field myself and my family hope they find uses for stem cell therapies is in movement disorders, especially those caused by a brain injury, more specifically an anoxic brain injury, unfortunately now there is not much research going on for this, there is for certain movement disorders like Parkinson's.
    I have a brother who was diagnosed with a disease called myo-clonus, Lance Adams syndrome, which was caused by an anoxic brain injury. This is an action disorder, so any movement or action he takes produces tremors in his body, this includes speech. He is confined to a wheel chair, even though he has the muscle and bone strength to walk , attempting to walk throws him into tremors and he will fall right over..it is quite honestly the clueless thing I have seen. He was in the prime of his life when he had an asthma attack, which was not uncommon for him, he went to the hospital. He had a serious lack of oxygen which caused the anoxic injury, now his life has changed drastically, I would love for him to be able to play golf again...We are hoping that through some of the research they are doing for more common movement disorders, that something will help those like my brother as well...

March 5, 2019 5:07 PM MST

I can't beat that answer.
      March 5, 2019 7:21 PM MST

no idea
      March 8, 2019 2:54 PM MST