Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Language » Do you ever say or have you ever said "By Jove"? ~

Do you ever say or have you ever said "By Jove"? ~

Posted - March 6, 2019

Responses

At least once a week when I'm ribbing someone I don't really know....I put on a posh school accent and become a posh prat ....:) 
    Works every time....:) 
      March 6, 2019 4:45 AM MST

Hello Randy:

W'us up?

No, I haven't said that.. But, I DO say heavens to Betsy a lot..

excon This post was edited by excon at March 6, 2019 5:48 AM MST
      March 6, 2019 5:36 AM MST

• No and I have no idea what that means.
      March 6, 2019 5:57 AM MST

By Jove, you've got it!!

How I interput it in loosely placed words (this means take it with a grain of thought to interrupt in your own words :)) I think it means:
    Just like a child, you would not hurt any soul... human or animal, by choice.  That is the lesson.
    No one really wants to do that.  They only do that because they are backed into a corner and have to act offensively or defensively.  
    Everyone has a little of Jove inside... until they are programmed differently.

SHOTS! :) :)

As a child and an adult, you would never hurt any person or animal...  You especially! :) :)
    Now, when shoes are added into the pot... Now, that's a different story ;) ;)

March 6, 2019 4:38 PM MST

• Lol, thanks for explaining :) gawd I missed you:)
      March 7, 2019 6:45 AM MST

By Jove, I'think I've got it! *

Funny you should ask.  I hope no one takes offense.  I have never read the Bible all the way through. As a child, I found it extremely violent. I understand now that is how it was back then. It still scares me.

This does not mean I do not believe in all and any teachings of religions. Any and everyone needs to believe in what works for them.
    What I did was to learn many religions.**

March 6, 2019 4:27 PM MST

I've never said it.  I've heard it but thought I was hearing by Job (OT character).  It never really made sense but I didn't care enough to ask.
      March 6, 2019 11:14 PM MST

I read it once but never said it. ~
      March 7, 2019 3:44 PM MST

not yet
      March 8, 2019 2:38 PM MST