Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Were it not for the fast money, gangster cred, easy sex, why else does someone engage in street-level illegal drug dealing? ~

Were it not for the fast money, gangster cred, easy sex, why else does someone engage in street-level illegal drug dealing? ~

Posted - March 6, 2019

Responses

They think so little of themselves they can't imagine themselves capable of doing anything else.  Just typing that sentence made me feel sad. 
      March 6, 2019 10:40 PM MST

Because they want to get High and they don't like Ladders ...:) 
      March 7, 2019 1:52 AM MST

Someone has to supply Cheech & Chong with dope. Like, "oh wow, man." This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at March 7, 2019 11:54 AM MST
      March 7, 2019 7:01 AM MST

Thrifty made a good point. That's a big component for some. They see themselves as less-than, and because of this, they think they only "deserve" to be around "lowlifes." 

I used quotes there because it's the mindset. I don't necessarily think people who fall within that realm are lowlifes. They usually have horrible stories that brought them to where they are and often some form of mental illness. But, obviously, when you have a whole group of people together (users and dealers) who aren't ok in any sense of the word, it's kind of like descending into a snake pit with every buy. 

Others do it because it's the only way they can feed their own addictions. 

Others do it because they have criminal records already, which makes it very hard to attain gainful employment. 

Others do it because they're coerced into it. There's still a considerable amount of violence in the scene. If you're somehow linked to the lifestyle and someone with street power (a higher-level dealer) tells you you're selling for him, it could well either be that or physical harm to you/ your family.
      March 7, 2019 8:33 AM MST

Would guess they see that as their only option to get on in life. 
      March 7, 2019 8:36 AM MST

Dreams of becoming a rapper someday.

March 7, 2019 8:38 AM MST

Survival.  

That's why.

Some do not have any good choices and are surrounded by the gang life everywhere.

Sink or swim.   (In this AMAZING third world country that was once the Nation everyone wanted to follow.)

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 7, 2019 8:42 AM MST
      March 7, 2019 8:40 AM MST

i really dont know what pushes people to choose that route. I remember when i was a teenager, and the friend of my friend was a very serious cannabis dealer... He already had a car, and was doing delivery , and had probably lot of buyers so he was making lot of money already. But me id never do that, you never know when its too far and you can get caught by police.

I dont know if he still sells today. Now that cannabis is legal in the country too ( canada ). 
      March 7, 2019 11:53 AM MST

Hello Randy:

It's like this..  If I buy a pound of dope, I can sell 3/4's and wind up with my stash for free..  I never got laid doing that, though.. 

Street cred??  I'm an old Jewish fart.  Dude!

excon

This post was edited by excon at March 8, 2019 7:01 AM MST
      March 8, 2019 7:00 AM MST

cause they probably dont care if they go to jail for it
      March 8, 2019 12:57 PM MST