Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » can you believe it's 2019 and people are still challenging a woman's right to have an abortion

can you believe it's 2019 and people are still challenging a woman's right to have an abortion

iTs A bAbY 

its a fetus you sticky icky doorknob jfc 

Posted - March 7, 2019

Responses

A fetus is a baby.
      March 7, 2019 7:01 AM MST

• does this mean if i get tape worms i can't have them treated :( 

March 7, 2019 7:05 AM MST

A tapeworm is not a human baby. Try again.
    Also, abortion is not legal based on a woman's right to choose what happens in her body. It is legal based on her right to privacy. This post was edited by my2cents at March 7, 2019 7:12 AM MST
      March 7, 2019 7:10 AM MST

• *fetus 
      March 7, 2019 7:11 AM MST

Human fetus. 
      March 7, 2019 7:13 AM MST

• i can't imagine the mental gymnastics it takes to delude yourself into thinking that a fetus is just as valuable as a living breathing human.  
      March 7, 2019 7:23 AM MST

So exactly what change takes place at birth to covert the fetus to a baby. 
    Before birth it is called a fetus at the moment of birth it is a baby. Nothing else changes. Other than location and the way the baby takes in nutrients. 

No gymnastics required. It is a human baby. Not a lump of random cells. Heartbeat at 18days. Pain is felt by 20 weeks. This post was edited by my2cents at March 9, 2019 5:06 PM MST
      March 7, 2019 7:36 AM MST

At birth it takes a breath and that defines a living breathing creature. Before that moment it is not a living breathing creature.

Just because your opinion makes sense to you, that doesn't mean it's totally true.
      March 9, 2019 3:03 AM MST

So is a fetus breathes through the umbilical and the mother exhales for the baby when she exhales. That is the true fact. 

The umbilical cord provides a baby with oxygen-rich blood in the womb. ... The mother also breathes out for the baby, as carbon dioxide from the babyis moved out through the placenta to the mother's blood, the removed with exhale.Aug 18, 2017
      March 9, 2019 8:38 AM MST

So you confirm that the fetus is a part of the mother's body, not an autonomous creature.
      March 9, 2019 10:15 AM MST

No, the fetus is a separate human being living in the mother's uterus. With his/her own blood type and DNA and body organs etc. 

If an elderly person is put on a breathing machine they are still a living automous creature even though they need assistance to breathe. Is the breathing machince now part of the elderly human or is the elderly human now part of the machine?  No, of course not.
      March 9, 2019 10:27 AM MST

You are denying that "breathe" means "breathe". Yes, a fetus gets oxygen. No, it does not breathe.
      March 10, 2019 4:20 AM MDT

Breathing of air is not a requirement to be a living organism. 

Breathe: to take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide through natural processes
      March 10, 2019 8:08 AM MDT

It sounds to me that you are against this?  

Are you serious?  

If your father raped you, do you think you need to keep this baby?  Yes the baby is innocent, but so are you.   
      March 7, 2019 7:02 AM MST

• i am pro choice 
      March 7, 2019 7:02 AM MST

• i agree. a breathing person with a life and a family and friends and a job etc it's much more important and valuable then a three month old alien clump of cells that can't feel pain and never knew it existed. 

on the flip side i also think it's hypocritical of these pro life fish sticks who argue all life is valuable and then go home and eat a big fat steak. 

GOOD.   I don't think we have a right to choose the direction that other people must take regarding this very personal matter.
      March 7, 2019 7:03 AM MST

Dad needs to go to jail. Baby can be adopted or kept up to the victim.
      March 7, 2019 7:09 AM MST

• lets make a rape victim carry their rapists child LMAO wow. unreal 

ess than 3% of abortions are performed because of rape, incest or health of the Mother. Most of the women who are raped keep the baby. (Yes, I have researched)  It was part of my change from pro-choice to pro-life. 
    In the case of Dad raping his daughter...he needs to go to prison. Not be able to take her to PP and kill it. Allowing him able to continue victimizing the daughter. Likely even making the choice for her in order to hide his evil crime.

The baby can be either kept by the Mother (the victim, not Dads wife) or adopted. In either case the baby is alive and should not be punished for the actions of the Father
      March 7, 2019 7:21 AM MST

• I've been challenging it since 1972 and will continue to do so. It was a horror then and it is now, regardless of what year the calendar says it is.

• ew 
      March 7, 2019 7:11 AM MST

It is very difficult to end a life which however we may choose to see it constitutes murder if not in the legal sense then in the moral and sentimental sense.  I can understand why many people would not want to allow murder going on because it really lowers the whole moral tone of just everything around us.  I also believe that because life is part of us and dependent upon us and cannot exist without us that it is our decision to make for ourselves and no one can make it for us. 

I had an abortion when I was 19 and given the same circumstances as then I would again.  Though I have carried all kinds of guilt since then and resolved I would never again make such a choice because I think though may have given me more options at the time it also hurt me physically as well as emotionally. All the more poignant because I never was subsequently able to have children of my own. 

I think too if we can harden ourselves to the hurt we do ourselves then all the more easier to harden ourselves to the hurt of others. Which we must always consider when we make such choices. 
      March 7, 2019 7:28 AM MST

I am no less amused that in this day and age there are still people who think the earth is flat, or only 6000 years old. 
    Interesting how some of these same folks share these opinions. 
      March 7, 2019 8:27 AM MST