Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What's that little "itch" in society that you just can't reach?

What's that little "itch" in society that you just can't reach?

Posted - March 10, 2019

Responses

What does that mean?
      March 10, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

getting friends to hang out with, i never seenn to be able to find any
      March 10, 2019 4:35 PM MDT

The world cries like a little baby to get into various countries such as UK,Germany, France & the U.S. so they can 'get ahead' and spread Islam. They don't seem to be able to control their breeding ability or come up with their own progress in being self sufficient. 
      March 10, 2019 4:49 PM MDT

For someone who has always strongly preferred rainy, cloudy cool weather, I can't ever seem to reach the itch of the rest of society's persistent, VERY persistent, belief that the ONLY "good beautiful" weather is sunny, dry and hot and not-a-cloud-in-the-sky.

"Get out there and enjoy the sunshine!"

never "Get out there and enjoy those clouds!"

"Hang in there, there's another day of rain coming but the sun will return by Friday!"

never "Hang in there, another day of sunny hot weather for today but soon the rain and clouds will return!"

Even that song from "Annie" - - "Tomorrow" -- she pines for the sunny weather, equating it with a good life - - "The sun will come out . . . tomorrow"
    not
    "The clouds will break forth -- tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there will be clouds."

"What a beautiful day!" is rarely said about cloudy and rainy days but it's always said about sunny dry hot days.

Anyway, if I interpret your question correctly, I often feel like itching when I hear all these comments about "good" weather - - "Hey, people - - itch THIS!"
    :)

Oh, and I should add - - I give a Blanket Permission for singer Johnny Nash singing his "I Can See Clearly Now . . . the rain is gone . . . etc." I love that song and Nash! That man can do no wrong for me! His music and song writing ability -- and that unbelievably CLEAR singing tone! And he was my very first HUGE celebrity crush! 

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 2, 2019 9:20 PM MDT
      June 2, 2019 8:26 PM MDT

The weathermen on my local TV stations also all hate sunny, dry and hot and not-a-cloud-in-the-sky days!  

They're only happy when there's a winter storm warning or a severe thunderstorm warning and they're extra happy if it's a blizzard warning or a tornado warning!

Tornadoes!  Yay!

June 2, 2019 9:20 PM MDT

Ha!

Those guys sound like my type of guys!
      June 2, 2019 9:26 PM MDT