Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Power doesn't need to be explained. Powerful folks who control you never need to justify. Power corrupts. WHY?

Power doesn't need to be explained. Powerful folks who control you never need to justify. Power corrupts. WHY?

Posted - March 12, 2019

Responses

Power is BIG.  HUUUGE.

And, if you do not have the patience and fortitude and faith to surmount power, you will be mowed down.

You have to have a plan.  You have to be in the know.  You must wait and watch and find an opening.

AND YOU NEED TO PRAY A HELL OF A LOT 

Rosie, you and I are both Scorpios

We are very powerful people.  We make things happen.  I can be destructive as hell if I don't know to keep this under wraps most of the time.  

But, I know how to affect change in my immediate surroundings better than anyone.  IT TAKES TIME.  If I try and push my ideas around?  NO ONE LISTENS.  I need to strategize.

That is my main power.  I know how.  Most people do not even see how.
      March 12, 2019 1:25 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Sharon. I am not powerful. If I were I'd change so many things. I also don't like being responsible for other people. Wielding power only matters when it is over others and I have no interest in doing that. Power can be used for good. It often is. The bad press comes from those who use power for evil. Happy Wednesday! :)
      March 13, 2019 2:14 AM MDT

Oh you are, Rosie.  You don't realize that power does not mean getting what you want.  Or what you think you want.  POWER is the ability to influence.  You have that.  You are on here every day trying to influence everyone to read the damned truth.  That is power.  You have created your own little niche for news.  That is an ability to influence and you did it just by knowing you had a platform on AB and knowing how to have fun and use that.  Of course it is just a small venue.  But so what.  IT proves my point about us.  If we are around, you will know about us if we choose to shed light upon ourselves.

March 13, 2019 2:19 AM MDT

I think the old saying "Power corrupts.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely." is slightly off.

I don't think power corrupts, unless it's used that way.

For example:  There are a few people who have enormous wealth, but prefer not to live lavish lifestyles. 
    You wouldn't know them, just by looking at how they live.
    Do they have the power of wealth?  Yes.  But they don't use it in a corrupting way.

Of course, once you start using power in a corrupt way - it becomes easier to do so in the future.
      March 12, 2019 1:46 PM MDT

I think those who are corrupted by power always were corrupt. I don't blame it on the power. I blame it on the nature of the person who holds it. That's when you can find out the true real person inside. I agree with thee Walt. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      March 13, 2019 2:10 AM MDT

Actually, power does need to be explained. I'm not controlled by any powerful person and anyone who thinks that they do control me better have a good explanation as to why they think that. Having said that, does power corrupt? Only if you allow it to. :)
      March 13, 2019 12:07 AM MDT

I agree that power doesn't corrupt ru. It is rather that those people were always corrupt and it shows up in how they wield that power. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!  :)
      March 13, 2019 2:11 AM MDT

You're welcome. Corruption has always existed but sad to say, it seems to be escalating at an alarming rate in almost every area in our society. You have a happy Wednesday also. :)
      March 13, 2019 9:02 AM MDT

I agree. I wish I knew why. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to you ru! :)
      March 14, 2019 3:52 AM MDT

Because no one can stand in your way unless they have more power.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 14, 2019 3:53 AM MDT
      March 13, 2019 9:03 AM MDT

Very cool. I did not know that. Thank you for your reply and the graphic Sharon.
      March 14, 2019 3:53 AM MDT