Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I thought "CHRISTIAN" love was supposed to encompass everyone. It doesn't. Many don't love those who are "the other". WHY?

I thought "CHRISTIAN" love was supposed to encompass everyone. It doesn't. Many don't love those who are "the other". WHY?

Because they are the wrong color the wrong religion belong to the wrong political parties love people that are not approved of. How is that CHRISTIAN? So are those CHRISTIANS really not at all? Why do they present themselves as being Christian when they are not remotely following the teachings of CHRIST? Liars? Pretenders?

Posted - March 15, 2019

Responses

A true Christian hates no one. 

March 15, 2019 8:28 AM MDT

There's a hell of a lot of false Christians out there then.  They all are in one tribe called THE BASE.  Cannot tell a Christian from a hater and cannot tell the TRUE NEWS FROM THE FAKE.

Jesus did not say Vote for the leader who cares only about AMERICA and no one else.  I did not create Mexicans and brown people.  He was BROWN.  Hello?  He was not blonde.  He was BROWN.  Are you gonna switch faiths now? 
      March 15, 2019 8:32 AM MDT

Jesus did not tell us to vote for anyone. 
      March 15, 2019 12:45 PM MDT

:):):)
      March 16, 2019 2:52 AM MDT

https://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/no-true-scotsman/
      March 15, 2019 1:28 PM MDT

A Christian who follows the Bible does not hate. Jesus said love your enemies and do good to them....

Just because a person claims something does not make it truth. I can claim that I have never broken a law in my life. I can even have a clean record but the fact that I have driven above the speed limit makes it a false statement. 
      March 15, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

Do you believe Don don "does not hate"?
      March 16, 2019 2:55 AM MDT

What can I say?---personally, logically, philosophically, and theologically I heartily agree with you when you say that, "Just because a person claims something does not make it truth."

I see examples of that every day---even when if I am not on Q & A sites.
      March 23, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

March 16, 2019 2:53 AM MDT

I agree which proves my point m2c. All WHITE NATIONALISTS HATE those who aren't. The Don don was very loathe to blame a White Nationalist for the New Zealand terrorist attack on Muslims. He is lways mealy mouthed and mushy mouted and fuzzy when it comes to placing blame on people like him. But if those folks had been massacred by a Muslim or a person of color we would not hear the end of it. You choose to ignore that. You have that right. Thank you for your observation. I agree with it. Where do we go from here? Happy Saturday to thee. This post was edited by RosieG at March 16, 2019 2:42 AM MDT
      March 16, 2019 2:42 AM MDT

No, he actually is not. The media simply ignores the parts where he condemned the racists. 
      March 23, 2019 2:01 PM MDT

I think the trouble is that Christians are taught that they are the extension of being the "chosen people".
    They are first taught the Old Testament stories (as children).
    So they get all those stories about how God "told them" to kill and oppress people who weren't "chosen".

THEN, when they get to the New Testament, they are taught that the ONLY way to salvation is by believing as they do.
    "So, hey, those with other beliefs aren't going to Heaven anyway - so they aren't worth as much as I am."

SOME are even taught (in Revelations) that only 144,000 people are going to Heaven.  (12 tribes x 12,000 people each)
    Of course, they disregard that would mean only JEWS go to Heaven ... and somehow convince themselves they are 1 of those 144,000 people.
    So all the billions of other people not going to Heaven are less worthy.

And yes ... I was raised "in the faith" and saw first-hand these teachings.

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at March 16, 2019 2:43 AM MDT
      March 15, 2019 8:29 AM MDT

I was too and I stopped being a Catholic when I was 13 for this very reason.  If you were not Catholic you could not get into heaven and if you wore a sacred scapular under your clothes you were guaranteed admission automatically.

Imagine even a kid swallowing that nonsense.  These nuns were from the Santa Claus era I think.  
      March 15, 2019 8:34 AM MDT

March 16, 2019 2:53 AM MDT

Christians are not the Chosen people.  Jews are and always will be. 

Rev does not say only 144,000 are going to Heaven.  It says the about in unnumerable. 

If you were taught that it was wrong. 
      March 15, 2019 12:49 PM MDT

Your comment is evidence of my point.
    If it's not what you were taught - it is "wrong".
      March 15, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

It is not what is in the Bible. The Bible is the teacher...If a man/woman teacher what is not in there....they are wrong.
      March 15, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

Revelations 7:3-8
    Revelations 14:1
    Revelations 14:3-5

You can interpret it however you want.  After all, nothing in Revelations is literal.

Some interpret those passages to mean that only 144,000 will be admitted to Heaven.
    There are other interpretations, of course.  
    But given the billions of people who have populated the Earth, none of them make sense.

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at March 15, 2019 2:56 PM MDT
      March 15, 2019 2:55 PM MDT

Keep reading Rev 7:9.....and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. 
      March 15, 2019 3:22 PM MDT

March 16, 2019 2:54 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Walt. I'm a New Testament product I guess. From the time I was very small I was taught that GOD IS LOVE and GOD LOVES ALL. I taught Sunday School classes to the kids when I was 12 at the local Presbyterian Church I attended. I do not remember EVER hearing of a God as you describe in the Old Testament. We are all shaped by how we were raised. Those ideas inculcated in us by our parents stick. At least that is true for me. Now it's true I left the church decades ago. But I never left God. I'm stuck being the person I am. I cannot think believe feel any other way than I do. The only person I have ever despised in my entire life is Don don. I used to pride myself on not ever hating anyone. Why? Because it used to be true. For him I make an exception. What else will his loyal peeps defend him from? Everything and anything forever more. Whatever he is charged with no matter by whom no matter the proof no matter the evil attendant thereto. SIGH. Happy Saturday!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 16, 2019 2:51 AM MDT
      March 16, 2019 2:50 AM MDT

Gee, haven't you quite often expressed your hatred?  I don't know whether or not you identify yourself as one of the Christians mentioned in this post, so if you do, the all-encompassing love espoused therein must also show through in order to avoid hypocrisy, right?
      March 16, 2019 3:29 AM MDT

As a Christian I believe that God loves and enjoys all God has created therefore I do as well.  And The Holy Spirit within me helps me realize my love for all people and all things.  Whether they are Christians or not.  God's love is not limited to race or sect or political party. 
      March 23, 2019 4:03 PM MDT