Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » From Rosie O'G to thee and thine...Happy St. Paddy's Day! Isn't everyone a little bit Irish on St. Patrick's Day?

From Rosie O'G to thee and thine...Happy St. Paddy's Day! Isn't everyone a little bit Irish on St. Patrick's Day?

Posted - March 17, 2019

Responses

I'm about seven-eighths - with the remainder being Canuck, Australian aborigine and one ancestor from parts unknown - he called himself "John Smith", 'nuff said.

I do like Guiness stout and Jameson's whiskey - drop the shot into the pint, it's called an Irish depth charge. Take it easy and sip it, if you swig or chug it goes straight to your legs.

As patriarch of my branch of the Harp in the South, I give the prayer on the anniversary of our mother's passing:
    "May the road rise up to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    The rain fall soft upon your fields
    And, until we meet again
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand."
      March 17, 2019 3:35 AM MDT

Thank my friend. Backatcha. I'm going to share with you my real original surname R. Just today. One time only. I was Rosemarie Ohanesian. Armenian surname.  But every year on St. Paddy's Day I was Rosemarie O'Hanesian. I remember in grammar school I'd write it that way on my paper in class. It always tickled me bigly. Today I be Rosie O'G. I'm cooking corned beef and cabbage with potatoes too. I bought a beautiful flat cut piece of corned beef last week. I need some greens to go along with it but I'm kinda stymied. Nothing floats my boat. Assuming you eat meat and like corned beef what does Maureen serve alongside it? I love that Irish prayer  lot. I read it very long ago and I thought I've probably never read anything quite so lovely and comprehensive as that! So a Happy  St. Paddy's Day to thee and thine in Adelaide Australia from Hemet, California! :):):). This post was edited by RosieG at March 17, 2019 3:48 AM MDT
      March 17, 2019 3:46 AM MDT