Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why are some so OBSESSED with amount of money collected, amount of time it took and the number of contributors? What's up with THAT?

Why are some so OBSESSED with amount of money collected, amount of time it took and the number of contributors? What's up with THAT?

I fail to see what is significant about any of that. The election is November 2020. This is March 2019. They've only just begun! The road ahead is FRAUGHT  with peril and landmines. Whatever exists today as the potential candidates may be blown out of the water any day for past misdeeds. Talk about making a mountain out of molehill that would be it. What am I missing that makes me so dismissive/unimpressed and others so obsessed with it? We got a long long long road ahead folks.

Posted - March 20, 2019

Responses

Because.  It seems to give a thermometer of the strength and momentum of the candidate.  If a lot of people are listening and want to contribute,  that speaks volumes.

It does not mean that it speaks VICTORY, but it may be a sign of things to come.  Remember Obama?  He was a big deal from the get-go.  

Now we have about 20 Obamas all chomping at the bit.
      March 20, 2019 2:23 PM MDT

I do not know anyone obsessed with it.

People are interested because it gives an idea of the amount of support a candidate has and if they are voters or corporate type donors.
      March 21, 2019 4:39 AM MDT

• Simple.answer?  The US election.system is popularity contest over who can spend the most money.  Money runs campaigns and whoever throws the bigger circus usually wins.

The whole thing is about the money and how many corporate contributors you can get to fund you.
      March 21, 2019 4:48 AM MDT