Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How important to mental health is having goals? How would it affect you if your country took care of you from cradle to grave?

How important to mental health is having goals? How would it affect you if your country took care of you from cradle to grave?

Would be depressed and despair and become suicidal?

What part does working toward and achieving goals play in mental health and happiness?

Posted - March 20, 2019

Responses

I'm hoping for not standing on my neck and letting me take care of me in any manner I choose.

I am hoping for insurance that covers all kinds of medicine, not just deadly drugs and surgeries.
      March 20, 2019 2:13 PM MDT

Ask a Canadian.
      March 20, 2019 3:41 PM MDT

Why  Canadian and not  Swede? I read years ago that the-then higher suicide rate in Sweden than others ares was attributed in part to that. Whether it was true or true now I don't know. But the question is not predicated on a where but a WHAT IF which can apply to anyone anywhere at any time. It is a theoretical question. It requires abstract thinking. It requires the ability to IMAGINE yourself in that situation and asks what would that do to you? Whom would you be in that situation? We work to stay alive. There are certain things a human needs to survive. Usually one has to WORK to earn the wherewithall to live. I'm gonna ask a parallel question. Perhaps that will pique your imagination. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Thursday to thee.
      March 21, 2019 1:28 AM MDT