Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Religious folks here...is your religion better than the others?

Religious folks here...is your religion better than the others?

Posted - March 20, 2019

Responses

No. What I believe is my belief. What someone else believes is theirs. 
      March 20, 2019 3:52 PM MDT

Of course....and I religiously tell them that as well.....:)D 
      March 20, 2019 3:54 PM MDT

I'm not religious and I'm not even spiritual. I'm just me. Things are a lot less complicated that way.
      March 20, 2019 3:58 PM MDT

Why would anyone believe in anything otherwise?
      March 20, 2019 4:17 PM MDT

Anything from what?
      March 20, 2019 6:18 PM MDT

If a person believed a different religion was better than theirs, why wouldn't they convert to that other better religion?
      March 20, 2019 6:59 PM MDT

What do you mean by "better"?

March 20, 2019 4:48 PM MDT

Good question. That is better than the question I asked.
      March 20, 2019 6:19 PM MDT

• Wars have been fought over religion. I do not practice religion. I have a faith walk based on the teachings and tenets of Jesus Christ. I accept the Bible as the infallible word of God. I accept as fact, that the Triune Godhead, is as active in the lives and affairs of men as in anytime in the past. 
      March 20, 2019 5:34 PM MDT

Better is entirely subjective. Better for me, definitely - the theology of my Church fits with my belief of who God is and how God relates to me as an individual, I perceive the Spirit more clearly there.
      March 20, 2019 7:09 PM MDT

Comes down to what works best for each person and would not argue mine is better than anybody else's, but is for me.
      March 20, 2019 7:43 PM MDT

God is of God and religion is of man. No one religion is either better than any other or the "one true religion".  Even within the same religion there is strife and squabbling as to how it's done "correctly"; for instance, a particular Baptist pastor once pointed out that a Baptist church across town conducted communion more frequently than it was conducted at his church.  Some members of the other Baptist church were grumbling that he was in the wrong for only doing it monthly.  He taught us that each religion and each church within a religion makes up its own rules, which means that those are man-made constructs.  Extrapolating from that, each religion itself is a man-made construct, all based on human interpretation of what their deity wants or expects.  Rules and traditions get passed from one generation to the next, and over thousands of years, they change. No one religion can be right or correct if humans can't even agree on how to manage them separately.
    ~
      March 21, 2019 5:43 AM MDT

The only reason mine is better is because we have hamantashen at Purim. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at March 21, 2019 12:32 PM MDT
      March 21, 2019 8:28 AM MDT

Q “Religious folks here...is your religion better than the others?”

=========================================================

1. To an atheist, atheism is better, to a Catholic, Catholicism is better, to a Hindu, Hinduism is better than all the others. Each has his own criteria by which he considers his religion or lack thereof to be better.

2. To a Muslim Islam is better than the others by his chosen criteria of what constitutes a good religion which include:

2.1 It must offer answers to the niggling questions about creation, existence and life and these answers should be least in conflict with common sense, rational argument and unanimously agreed facts.

2.2 It should be well defined [by an unchanging scripture/writings]

2.3 It should be least in conflict with its own scripture/writings

2.4 Its scripture/writings should be least self-contradictory and least in conflict with common sense and unanimously agreed facts.

2.5 It should have stood the test of time and be a living religion/philosophy.

2.6 It should have a wide appeal [approval rating]

2.7 It should have a good track record of benefit to mankind

June 25, 2019 4:18 PM MDT