Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We used to fight wars on battlefields. Then via espionage/infiltrating the enemy camp. Now it is via cyberspace. Next place?

We used to fight wars on battlefields. Then via espionage/infiltrating the enemy camp. Now it is via cyberspace. Next place?

Posted - March 22, 2019

Responses

Einstein's forecast is that the next war will blast civilization to smithereens; for the one after that we'll be back to sticks and stones.  This post was edited by Malizz at March 22, 2019 1:29 PM MDT
      March 22, 2019 12:05 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Friday! :)
      March 22, 2019 1:29 PM MDT

Nanites

Sure, we could (and probably will) use them to battle things like cancer ... but imagine the military uses.
    Drop a nanite bomb on a city, and watch the city dissolve before your eyes.
      March 22, 2019 12:33 PM MDT

Wouldn't I dissolve too Walt? Nanites? Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 22, 2019 1:30 PM MDT

Maybe ... depends on how they were programmed.
    We could program them to destroy things like buildings, while leaving living material alone.
      March 22, 2019 1:53 PM MDT

So anything emitting heat would not be hit? I didn't Google nanites Walt but it isn't in my Webster's Unabridged dictionary. But the dictionary is old. 1996. So I'll Google it. Sounds like "mites" which don't seem deadly just annoying. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday!  :) OK. I just Googled it. Nanorobots or nanomachines ca be programmed and injected into injured people to perform repairs. Many decades ago I saw a scifi movie about that very thing. A group of people(I think Raquel Welch was among them) were miniaturized and injected into some scientist I think to perform some kind of surgery. It was very long go and it's kinda fuzzy in my mind. But the graphics were amazing. You saw them travel through the body navigating away from parts that were tricky and reaching the injury. Did you happen to see it? So what was scifi is now real fi. Is there a real fiction? Anyway thank you for the information. The world of miniaturization awaits!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 23, 2019 1:58 AM MDT
      March 23, 2019 1:50 AM MDT

We are still perfecting the technology.
    We aren't to the point of having nanites ... but people are already planning what we could do with them.

The movie was Fantastic Voyage.
    Yes, I've seen it. 
    It's also been spoofed a couple times in Family Guy.  One time, Stewie (the "baby") shrinks himself down to destroy "the competition" and prevent his parents from having another child.
      March 25, 2019 7:19 AM MDT