Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What are some of your favorite movies with religious terms as part of their titles? ~

What are some of your favorite movies with religious terms as part of their titles? ~

Posted - March 22, 2019

Responses

Stigmata
    Fall From Grace
    The Vow
    Monsignor
    Redemption
      March 22, 2019 10:38 PM MDT

You took my first immediate answer -- "Stigmata."
    :)

Excellent!
    Boy, that movie took me to places I never expected. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 23, 2019 8:07 PM MDT
      March 23, 2019 6:39 PM MDT

Hey Welby..
    Yes it is a great movie...parts of that movie were filmed here in the Bay area...
    The Cardinals house at the end is the Filoli estate house right here in Woodside, the town in which I live. This house was most notably the Carrington mansion in the t.v. show '''Dynasty", as well as the "Farnsworth" mansion in "Heaven can wait" with Warren Beatty. 
    There is another Bay area home that was used, it is the "Stone Brook" house. It was used for interior shots of what was the Vatican offices.
    The Palace of fine Arts in San Francisco was used for exterior shots of the  Vatican.
    I also love the 'Eastern Columbia' building in L.A. that was used for Frankie's apartment building, wonder example of an art deco building.
      March 23, 2019 7:00 PM MDT

The Houses...

Filoli..

Stonebrook..the Morgan estate

March 23, 2019 7:21 PM MDT

Wow! Thanks for the fun reply to my comment, designer! I don't remember the movie's details so vividly as to remember all the settings and sites. But so fun to see! That second picture down looks like a scene I might remember. Funny that I don't remember the movie's specifics -- I tend to remember mostly, so many times, feeling uncomfortable watching it all.
      March 24, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

Hello again Welby
    The second picture is of the Filoli gardens. At the end of the movie the priest, Father Andrew Kiernan carries Frankie out of the mansion and they sit on a bench in the "Colonnade" of Cypress columns.
    Filoli is an acronym for William Bourne's' credo, containing the first 2 letters of the key words..."FIght for a just cause, LOve your fellow man, LIve a good life.
      March 24, 2019 1:10 PM MDT

Thanks for adding more, designer!
    I need to watch the movie again, I think. I am not remembering much of anything now.
    :(
      March 24, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

I still think about it sometimes. 
      March 23, 2019 7:01 PM MDT

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
      March 23, 2019 1:06 AM MDT