Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How will we undo the 2016 election and get rid of President Trump now that the Mueller investigation failed to prove anything significant?

How will we undo the 2016 election and get rid of President Trump now that the Mueller investigation failed to prove anything significant?

Posted - March 24, 2019

Responses

I believe it will require a lot of whining and crying and gnashing and bashing and name-calling and wild-goose-chasing from the sour grapes crowd. Oh, wait . . . 

March 24, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

Maybe you’ve noticed very little of what goes on in the government actually accomplishes anything. What a shame that stagnant polarization is not only the status quo, but is essentially beyond hope of remedy given the incompetence and divisive force of the self-obsessed president against the feckless, partisan legislature.

I think, Stu, that the 2016 election is long over and, unlike Trump, no one is obsessed with re-living it.
    It will, like the economic recovery after the disastrous W presidency, come down to the power of the common people to affect the remedy. Or not. 
      March 24, 2019 4:49 PM MDT

Their hopes now lie with the NYSD. 
      March 24, 2019 5:14 PM MDT

Since Trump took office what has changed?  Not much. If you work, you take home more money that the taxman doesn't get. You get less in food stamps, but that may be a good deal to help lose weight. There are more jobs available, but some say that is from the O'Bama Administration. Trump  does get things done. Did any recent Presidency meet with China and N. Korea?  No, they were afraid to get down to business. 
      March 24, 2019 5:54 PM MDT

There's no apostrophe in "Obama".  He's not of Scottish descent. This post was edited by Randy D at March 24, 2019 10:05 PM MDT
      March 24, 2019 6:06 PM MDT

No tilde either.
      March 24, 2019 6:41 PM MDT

No correlation.
      March 24, 2019 9:41 PM MDT

Does if you let it be.
      March 25, 2019 5:15 PM MDT

You get more take-home pay because the tax withholding tables are artificially low, so you owe more - in my case, much more - at the end of the year.  I'm a single person and have always claimed zero for withholding.  At most, a in couple of years  during a 55 year working career, I owed less than $500.  This year, I owed more than $3700!  Trump didn't do me any favors.
      March 25, 2019 8:12 AM MDT

I've prepared more than 400 returns in my tax practice this season, and I've seen that a lot. However, it has nothing to do with Mueller or this question.
      March 25, 2019 8:17 AM MDT

I replied to bhwilson's comment about what has changed during Trump's administration.  Have you been appointed answer monitor in addition to spelling/grammar police?
      March 25, 2019 2:09 PM MDT

If I am not mistaken both you and Spunky are New Yorkers. High state tax people were told theirs could go up because of limits on deducting state taxes.  Which were 100% deductible before. Now it has a cap. 

March 25, 2019 8:38 PM MDT

SDNY
      March 25, 2019 7:00 AM MDT

If that is their only interest in life I'm sure they will conjure up something else. 
      March 25, 2019 7:09 AM MDT

After awaiting anyone to recognize that something significant was indeed proven by the Mueller report, still none have. I must say I am disappointed at this group. 

The Mueller report established in detail that Russia had overtly meddled in the US 2016 election, on several levels, whether Agent Orange was a witting accomplice or not. This should trouble us, greatly. But since the narcissist President made it all about himself every day, as with everything else, the narrative was hijacked away from the original purpose of the investigation in the first place. This is also troubling. But the story remains one man’s relentless hubris.

Regardless of whether there was collusion or not, Putin got his man, and now Trump, either wittingly or (more likely) unwittingly, is slowly ticking off Putin’s dream wish list. The tampering has to be viewed as wildly successful from the gallery in Moscow. 
    Yet Trump somehow can’t/won’t/hasn’t admit(ted) that tampering even took place, despite direct questioning, and a rather curious plea for Russia to unearth Hillary’s emails on the campaign trail. Hmm. Anyone else remember this? (I am not endorsing Clinton in any way) 

Despite all of this, the dotard President ridiculously declares “total exoneration“, which Mueller declared in exact words that it is not. Ever more delusory claims. 
    Chalk up a win for deflection and stupidity. 
      March 25, 2019 8:04 PM MDT