Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Does any other Country's Constitution give citizens the right to own weapons* and the right to tell lies/withhold truth**? Or is it only us?

Does any other Country's Constitution give citizens the right to own weapons* and the right to tell lies/withhold truth**? Or is it only us?

*Second Amendment
**Fifth Amendment

Do you adore both or abhor both or is it a draw and you don't care?

Posted - March 25, 2019

Responses

As far as I know, the USA is the only one with the right to bear arms. 
    Some other countries have the Right to Silence...Most Europe, Australia, Canada...I am sure others as well.

I adore both.  This post was edited by my2cents at March 25, 2019 4:03 PM MDT
      March 25, 2019 7:55 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c.  A Constitution that gives people the right to lie or refuse to testify you adore? SIGH. Yes. Well. I am a fan of TRUTH. I am a fan of being RESPONSIBLE ACCOUNTABLE. You apparently aren't so much. Once again Different Strokes.  Happy Monday to thee! :)
      March 25, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

A constitution that gives people the right to remain silent. Not to lie. The 5th Amendment is not the right to lie. It is the right to say nothing.

We have the best Constitution in the world. I would not even think of trying to live under another. As you said Different Strokes. 
      March 25, 2019 3:33 PM MDT

How did you come to the conclusion that the 5th amendment gives a person the right to lie?
    As far as testimony goes, the 5th amendment only says a person does not have to be "a witness against himself". 
    Most testimony is given under oath, with a penalty for perjury. The rest of the 5th amendment deals with due process and private property rights.
      March 25, 2019 4:00 PM MDT

When someone "takes the fifth" it has zero to do with due process and private property rights. It has to do  SOLELY and ONLY with hiding behind words that allow you to clam up and NOT TELL THE TRUTH. If you have nothing to hide you hide nothing. You answer questions. You do not not. Now for you it is complex. For me it is very simple. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thy.
      March 26, 2019 1:42 AM MDT