Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » When was the last time you were in a mall? I have to go in one today to get my glasses fixed. I don’t like it.

When was the last time you were in a mall? I have to go in one today to get my glasses fixed. I don’t like it.

Our malls are filled with teenagers and old Italian men, who sit in the food courts all day and stare at people. Too scary. 

Posted - March 25, 2019

Responses

• Holy shizzat, that’s a long time.
      March 25, 2019 11:13 AM MDT

• "Old Italian men"??  lol!  I'm an old Italian woman and my husband and I often walk early a.m. at the mall during the winter.  Best time to go there .. when the stores are closed.  You can't buy anything and it's not so crowded.  :)
      March 25, 2019 9:48 AM MDT

• Lol:) I have nothing against Italians. I just wanna know why they sitting in that food court so long ;)
      March 25, 2019 11:14 AM MDT

• I know what you mean though.  Some really odd characters who seem to be taking up residence there.  Today, we saw the same guy sitting there .. charging lanterns for some odd reason, using his laptop in a kind of office set up ... all sorts of food on the chairs around him!  You wonder how the mall lets them stay there.  
      March 26, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

• Yep, lots of sketch balls at the mall:) 
      March 26, 2019 12:09 PM MDT

Old Italian men? lol  I never noticed that before, but I do go to the malls fairly often.  They're almost always crowded (sometimes annoyingly so) and I find myself asking: doesn't anyone go to work anymore?
    I bought my pup (he's old now) at the mall. You should buy a puppy!  Maybe you would like it mo betta!
      March 25, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

• Yeah, I want a puppy! It’s  illegal here to sell pets in stores mow though. So can’t even stop and look st the puppies anymore. That was my fave part of mall when young:))
      March 25, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

That's sad. :(    
    Do you live in the US?  California wants to ban pet shops unless they're shelter animals.  Not sure how that's going to turn out.
      March 25, 2019 11:23 AM MDT

• I live in Canada. Can only get dogs  and cats from licenced places. I know it’s a good thing so people aren’t just breeding and over populating. But I do miss looking at the puppies :)
      March 25, 2019 12:14 PM MDT

Going to Walmart is like going to the mall.
    It's the "shop within a shop all-in-one."
    I begrudgingly say, yesterday.
    Don't be sick.  I had to.  I was out of bathroom cleaner.  
      March 25, 2019 3:57 PM MDT

• Bah, Walmart:/ just use amazon for house cleaning stuff. 
      March 25, 2019 6:24 PM MDT

I never go in malls.  I went into one twice between 2010 and 2015.  Then I moved here and have not been in the mall here.  I heard that the mall is going to be torn down in favor or a big multi-use development.  That kind of growth doesn't interest me.  Growth at all doesn't interest me.  It was just a matter of time until the last little piece of Florida Gulf Coast heaven was invaded.  The county commission has caved to the sound of money. 
      March 25, 2019 11:22 PM MDT

• Ohhh you live on the gulf side? I have a friend who has a condo in Sarasota that i get use of from time to time. I love siesta key beach. It’s  probably the nicest beach I’ve ever been to. Have you ever gone to the drum circle they do there on Sunday nights? Also I love the outlet malls there lol. 
      March 26, 2019 7:48 AM MDT

Yep, the most beautiful beaches, particularly up in the panhandle.  The sand up there is white like sugar and water you can read through.  There's a good chance of me moving up there.  They have seasons up there and evacuating is much much easier than from the bottom of Florida.  We've just moved my mother down here and she is so happy in assisted living.  I cannot even consider moving while she is with us.  She's 86 and very healthy.....cardiologist said she had the heart of a teenager.  I'm going nowhere for a long time.  Life is good.
      March 26, 2019 2:53 PM MDT

Today. 
      March 26, 2019 1:25 AM MDT

• You like the mall then?
      March 26, 2019 7:48 AM MDT

Yes, I'm an engineer. I like everything that has got to do with sells and marketing of what I build.
      March 26, 2019 1:05 PM MDT

• I see. 
      March 27, 2019 6:54 PM MDT

• Probably around Christmas time I was at the Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento. That's the time of year when I do most of my mall-visiting. 
      March 26, 2019 8:22 PM MDT

• Ahhh gawd malls are the worst at Christmas. Those carolers make me want to go in a home store and stab myself in the eye with some flatware. 
      March 27, 2019 6:55 PM MDT