Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Are you finding out that not all responses to your posts show up in your notifications? ~

Are you finding out that not all responses to your posts show up in your notifications? ~

Posted - March 28, 2019

Responses

Are the "notifications" the "What's Happening Around the Mug" or are they what you are supposed to get when you check that little box that says you want to receive notifications of responses (which I never want to)?
      March 28, 2019 6:10 AM MDT

Make sure when you reply to an answer on one of your questions that you do not uncheck the Send me notifications when other members reply to this discussion.
    If you do, click Subscribe under your question again and you will get your notifications.

I have to watch this when I ask a question. 
      March 28, 2019 6:12 AM MDT

You only click that little box if you want notification every time someone posts content on that question.  You do not have to check that little box or subscribe to get notifications about activity on your own comments/replies.
      March 28, 2019 9:39 PM MDT

If it is your question and you reply to someone without clicking the box (send notifications)  then the system will unsubscribe the asker from their question. And will not be notified if of any new answers to your question. 

A direct reply to an answer would not be affected by unsubscribing. 
      March 29, 2019 5:41 AM MDT

Leaving it unchecked keeps me from knowing when others answer a question I already answered.  That is all I need to know. 
      March 29, 2019 9:18 PM MDT

Of course, you only stay subscribed if it is YOUR question. Not just a question you answered.
      March 30, 2019 6:28 AM MDT

Seems overcomplicated to me. I have a wary view of the way many things work and the way things are labeled on this website.
    ~
      March 30, 2019 6:46 AM MDT

• I’ve noticed I only get notifications to questions I ask if answered same day. If I check next day they’re never there. So I just look at my questions from previous day when I log in. It’s always been like that for me.
      March 28, 2019 6:30 AM MDT

Make sure you stay subscribed to them. I unsubscribe by accident all the time when I reply to someone's answer. 
      March 28, 2019 6:17 PM MDT

• I’ll look at that, thanks.
      March 29, 2019 4:58 AM MDT

What I notice is that I get three or four notifications for the same thing.  when I have 30 notifications, it's really about a dozen.  Most are duplicates.  I might get one that say "Randy liked your post on XXXXXXXXX."  I might get that three times immediately, and then it might show up in my notifications again tomorrow.  Frustrating but got tired of talking about how poorly the notification system works. 
      March 28, 2019 9:42 PM MDT

Snap.
      March 28, 2019 9:42 PM MDT

Crackle.
      March 28, 2019 9:55 PM MDT

Pop. Lol.
      March 29, 2019 1:23 AM MDT

March 29, 2019 9:26 PM MDT

• Notifications?  You mean to tell me that people may actually be responding to my posts?  I find that incredible considering that I so rarely say anything even remotely worth making note of.
      March 29, 2019 5:13 AM MDT

I second what M2C says. 

At the bottom of each question, there's a checkbox that says "Send me notifications..." Whether that checkbox stays checked or not is determined by your "cookies." Ergo, if you clear your browser history/ cache or it gets cleared for you or you move between browsers, your checkbox may not stay checked. I often have to click it again when I've had a browser update, but it really depends on what Chrome did in its update. 

Also as M2C said, if you're not getting notifications for something and you want to, you can press the "subscribe topic" button at the top of any question. 
      March 29, 2019 5:27 PM MDT