Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Dont tell me you also use Wireless headphones/wireless mouse ?

Dont tell me you also use Wireless headphones/wireless mouse ?

Today they must do everything wireless... a wireless mouse is a joke... basically you pay for a mouse that you have to have battery(ies) to make it work. Instead of connecting it directly with a wire. 

Posted - March 31, 2019

Responses

• i do have  bluetooth  headphones. i can't stand wired headphones 

i also have a wireless mouse. it's not a  big deal. i just have a set of rechargeable batteries. i don't want to flood my desk with ugly wires 
      March 31, 2019 3:14 PM MDT

How do you charge the rechargeable batteries?  Don't you have to use electricity and a cord?

March 31, 2019 3:30 PM MDT

• nope 

i put them In the charger which plugs directly into the wall 
      March 31, 2019 3:43 PM MDT

i have wireless internet
      March 31, 2019 3:41 PM MDT

OK...I won't.
      March 31, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

I have read that the easiest way people steal your data is with a wireless mouse.  Don't use them.  Wireless anything is a bad idea is you care about safety and security.
      April 1, 2019 2:42 AM MDT

i never heard of that tho
      May 15, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

All wired. Partly for security but also thanks to their being no need whatsoever to replace perfectly serviceable, wired equipment merely for being wired.

The only wireless electronics in my home are the front door bell, and my wireless receivers (i.e. "radios").

The UK Government is trying to make all homes in the land have these idiotically-named "smart" meters for the gas and electricity supplies. These contain dedicated radio transmitters that send regular, frequent readings to the suppliers' accounts departments. Various organisations have voiced concern about the security - eavesdropping could reveal the home is empty by the readings not changing.

As for the "ugly wires" of which god complains, I solved that by building a special desk to hold the computer plus its monitor, mouse & keyboard, both printers and the telephone, in a room corner, and the spaghetti of cables all lies behind and below it.

May 14, 2019 4:06 PM MDT

• No viruses here.

May 14, 2019 4:30 PM MDT