Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Family » NEGLECTED NEPHEW!!

NEGLECTED NEPHEW!!

I really need some input on this situation......I have a niece and 2 nephews....for some reason, I have no idea, I have NEVER sent my youngest nephew a birthday card or gift of any kind for ANY of his birthdays.......he is now 56!!!!!!!!

I am truly mad at myself for this.....he and his brother live in another state...we email back and forth all the time..we get along well, so it's not a question of that..

yet for some dumb reason, over the years I've NEVER sent, as I say, birthday card, etc...........I feel awful about this and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts of what I can do about this..

should I just send him a card on his next birthday, as tho' everything was 'normal'? or what?

I'd really like everyone's thoughts on this.........!!!

and of course serious replies only.

So what the heck would YOU do if you were in my situation???!?!?

Posted - April 1, 2019

Responses

Send him a present and accompany it with a card.  Need not be on his birthday.  That will make you feel better. 
      April 1, 2019 8:35 AM MDT

know what? I emailed him and apologized for never remembering his birthday......and he's in his 50's now!!!  he said no big deal; he never got me cards/presents either, so not to worry......what a guy!!!!  his favorite character is Spider Man so I got  him a beautiful Spidey coffee mug..really nice......and it's to arrive next week.......now I feel better!!  LOL..........
      May 31, 2019 9:02 AM MDT

Claim you sent them ... but the Post Office must have lost them.  

Or ... wait for his 60th birthday, and buy him something REALLY good ... and claim you were saving up for it.  

LOL
      April 1, 2019 8:36 AM MDT

LOLOL  Both answers are awesome
      April 1, 2019 9:08 AM MDT

Honey, I don't even remember those people in my life.  Forget the cards.  Who cares. I don't even know half my cousins that I knew as a kid.  

They don't matter to me. And neither does your nephew to you.  

If you want to start a relationship with him, do something else.  Actually make plans with him. If you cannot, write back and forth or call somehow.  Or send a card and tell him you are thinking of him.  

BUT REALLY?  DO YOU REALLY CARE?  DOES HE ????
      April 1, 2019 9:07 AM MDT

The first response that comes to mind is if you send the others cards "Why have you never sent him a card?" Secondly, why is it so important to you now, when it hasn't been 56 years, what's changed? If you can answer these, then you may know what to do.

April 1, 2019 3:20 PM MDT

I would just send him a card on his next birthday. And leave it at that. If asks anything just be truthful and say I forgot.
      April 1, 2019 3:38 PM MDT

I've never been in your situation but I would not talk about it, I would just send him a card on his next birthday......a funny one. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 1, 2019 7:11 PM MDT
      April 1, 2019 7:11 PM MDT