Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "I'll think about it tomorrow". Famous line uttered by Scarlett O'Hara. What things do YOU put off thinking about? Why?

"I'll think about it tomorrow". Famous line uttered by Scarlett O'Hara. What things do YOU put off thinking about? Why?

Posted - April 2, 2019

Responses

Reviewing how I've done with my time and money.

Planning for what future I may have left.

April 2, 2019 2:06 AM MDT

You know Malizz I don't much think about your first statement. But that second one? I do too. You know those DIRECTIVES that the doctors want you to fill out and give them? I think they give them to older people. For months or maybe even a couple of years we've had them here. We have seen the doctor since then more than once and his sweet nurse AIDA. keeps reminding us to fill them out and bring them in "the next time". They sit there. We keep putting it off or I do. I mean Jim kinda counts on me to do stuff like that and for some reason I am unable to deal with it. It's not good. I'm 81 and he is 83 and I expect we'll live many years more but still. How do I KNOW? What happens if he or I die without that directive being filled out and on file? I have always been meticulous about doing things that should be done in timely fashion. ALWAYS. But not this. I don't know why dealing with has become such an issue. Thank you for your reply! Have you filled out such a directive? I'm gonna ask.
      April 2, 2019 2:52 AM MDT

Well, I mean to give my brother power of attorney; letting him decide what to do if I'm incapable. However, he keeps less well than myself; but I can't legislate too far into the future. 
      April 2, 2019 6:55 AM MDT

Fingers crossed we've got lots of time. My younger sister lives 500 miles away. But she is in worse shape healthwise than I am. Plus her husband has serious health issues. We have three sons all in different states with their own families and their own concerns. So it's just us..the two of us..Jim and me. Well we have several VERY GOOD FRIENDS on whom we could count for help as they can count on us. But still WHAT IF? Well once again I'm going to put that aside and think about it "later". Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      April 2, 2019 7:08 AM MDT