Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever lived next door to THE NEIGHBORS FROM HELL? Did you have to move? What did you do?

Have you ever lived next door to THE NEIGHBORS FROM HELL? Did you have to move? What did you do?

Posted - April 2, 2019

Responses

I have had good luck with neighbors.
      April 2, 2019 3:49 PM MDT

Luck of the Irish perhaps?  
      April 2, 2019 7:31 PM MDT

Jewish.
      April 2, 2019 8:09 PM MDT

Yeah. But you should see what they say about YOU.  (JK)
      April 3, 2019 12:42 AM MDT

(I already know.)
      April 3, 2019 6:53 AM MDT

Yes, I had to move, police were involved. The Police helped move me for my safety.
      April 2, 2019 4:33 PM MDT

This sounds like a good story you are leaving out.  
      April 3, 2019 12:42 AM MDT

He was a drunken, violent, drug using, obsessive nutcase, who made my life hell. He was eventually caught on my CCTV vandalising my property, that didn't stop him following me even when I was packing up to leave, I thought he'd end up stabbing me,  it's something I'd rather forget. This post was edited by kjames at April 4, 2019 9:12 AM MDT
      April 3, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

I don't blame you.  I only brought it up because it sounded so intriguing and nightmarish and I wonder why the police made you move when he should have been in jail.  Forever.  
      April 3, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

He would have only returned to his property, and things had escalated over a four year period, it wasn't going to get better and the police were concerned for my safety as he had a violent criminal history, no point waiting until your dead, you can't move then.
      April 3, 2019 10:25 AM MDT

I would have moved too.  Don't get me wrong.  But, this is what passes for justice?  That creep gets to stay and you have to go.
      April 3, 2019 10:27 AM MDT

True, but I love where I am now, I still have nightmares about him.
      April 3, 2019 10:28 AM MDT

Awesome.  There is JUSTICE then.  The good kind.  You surrendered to the situation and left it.  And you are happy and he I AM SURE is not.  
      April 3, 2019 10:31 AM MDT

ooh...lived underneath them!
    and me with a short ceiling
    (basement)...yikes
    the Congo drums 
    at their weekend parties
    were the worst.
    ...they finally got evicted
      April 2, 2019 5:05 PM MDT

Congo DRUMS??? 
      April 3, 2019 12:43 AM MDT

Yep.  The bank foreclosed on his house.

My ex-neighbor was someone who flips houses.  He got the property below me for < 1k.  I tried to tell him there was an underground river thru the property, but he didnt care.  He immediately burned down the house that was on the property.  I didn't care as it was his so he can do as he pleases. However, he did it late at night when it was windy ...and then drove off.  Of course I called the fire dept. as my house was just yards from the fire and the wind was blowing right towards me.  My "neighbor" was fined for having an illegal burn as he didn't remove hazardous material before he burned it.  That made me a bad guy.  Next he clear-cut the property.  Again, his prerogative.  Then he leveled the property.  Now he's in a ravine and my property is on the hill above him.  He leveled within 1 foot of the property line.  That made a 12-foot drop off from my driveway straight down to his property.  Then he dug a deep hole ON treh property line and buried the stumps to the trees he fell. (grrr!).   I called him on this but he ignored me.  He then sank a septic tank on the property.  Since he had dug so close to the property line, he compromised my sewage leach field.  I was forced to pay over 8k to pump my leach water uphill to another field at the top of my property.  To save my property, I also had to spend $10k (plus permit fees) to build a wall between the 2 properties to keep my driveway and property from sliding down onto his (he refused to help with the costs).  Winter came and with it heavy rains.  Of course the property reverted into a river.  His septic tank quickly turned into a fountain - water shot up the holes into the air each time it rained.  He "borrowed" another neighbor electricity to try and pump the tank dry, but the rain kept falling and his pumping was in vain.  Come spring, my wall had now sank where he buried the stumps (which he now denied doing).  I called the county to see what I should do.  Turns out my neighbor never filed any permits.  The county made him get permits and remove the illegal septic tank. My neighbor blamed me for this.  The county forced him to get a perk & mantle test (as everyone else has to) and lo, they found the river.  He had to spend over $30k for an above ground septic system (again, he blamed me).
    The law states that any structure must be 3 feet from the property line.  He built his house 2 feet 11 inches from the line (in an effort to spite me).  I didn't care.  He build a house exactly three feet from the property line (as the law states) - in an effort to spite me.  I had an old dilapidated shed that had been build on the property line long before I moved there... and now it was right next to his house.  Being a good neighbor, I had it removed and built another shed, further away from the property line.  My neighbor didn't like the shed, but to "teach me a lesson" he waited until it was completely built then called the county to complain.   I was 1 inch closer to the line than was legal.  The county made me move the shed.  I had a friend lift up the shed on jacks and turn it.  The neighbor didn't like it he wanted the shed torn down.  So he complained to the county again.  They came out, measured my shed and said it  was legal.  He disagreed and argued with them.  They told him to go to **** and never call them again about my property.  Then winter came and again the property once again turned into a river - which ran into his newly constructed house.  
    He had now spent several million dollars on what was a cheap piece of property - and he blamed me for it.   Of course when it came time to sell the property, the markets crashed and he was stuck with it. When the bank foreclosed on him. He stripped the house bare (inside and out) and was gone.
      April 2, 2019 5:20 PM MDT

• Awesome! Lol
    I would've taken him to court for repairs though.  He destabilized your lot and that makes him responsible.
      April 2, 2019 6:34 PM MDT

Wow, that is a nightmare!  Glad he moved out finally.
      April 2, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

YOU WIN.  This tops everything. WHAT A JERK.  The only thing good to come out of this is his losing millions.  Good.
      April 3, 2019 12:46 AM MDT

Wow, this is a whole different nightmare to mine but just as horrendous.
      April 3, 2019 10:26 AM MDT

• Once.  Nosey azzes who complained about everything, never minded their own business, thought they could make new rules when they moved in, and always had something to say.

Glad they got chased away.
      April 2, 2019 6:30 PM MDT

Once. The guy was an instant a$$hole - just add alcohol. We moved, with two young kids it was impossible to get them to settle at night with the racket next door.
      April 2, 2019 7:25 PM MDT

Bogans?
      April 2, 2019 8:10 PM MDT

In spades. With a nasty streak a mile wide.
      April 3, 2019 12:36 AM MDT