Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is Brexit ever going to really happen or not?

Is Brexit ever going to really happen or not?

Posted - April 5, 2019

Responses

• Never.   
      April 5, 2019 4:22 PM MDT

Oh, something is going to happen and none of it good.
      April 5, 2019 4:24 PM MDT

• It's going to keep getting delayed and put off until it is eventually canceled entirely. My prediction. Either way, there will be more chaos. 
      April 5, 2019 4:49 PM MDT

• We will be hearing about no one doing anything on the UK till we die.  It will forever be in queue.  The British national past time.
      April 5, 2019 5:02 PM MDT

Does anything about the UK cause us to give a crap?
      April 5, 2019 6:37 PM MDT

Watching and waiting.  As an outsider, it seems to me the people voted affirmatively for Brexit and government has done everything possible to keep it from happening.  Shame on them.  When something is offered on referendum the result should be honored.  This happened back in my home city.  The referendum was on building a huge indoor sports complex bigger than the Superdome in NOLA.  The voters said no.  The  continued to try everything imaginable to do it anyway.  Now, about 15 years later, it is being built.  They didn't ask the voters again.  It will fail.  And I no longer care.  It is negligent use of taxpayer funds though.
      April 5, 2019 6:55 PM MDT

None of us can know.
    My hope is that they'll go for a second referendum, and its answer will be a resounding "NO, let's stay!"
      April 5, 2019 10:24 PM MDT

No, the deal that stood was worse than being under the dictatorship of the EU, where to date we have helped bailed out seven other countries from bankruptcy and bailed out the banks, been unable to farm our own land through fear of competition, have been unable to fish in our own waters and much more,  so if that passes or they give it to a soft brexit it will be a betrayal of the vote.  It will be that or they will call a second referendum and those who couldn't be bothered to get off their lazy arses the first time, may do the second time, or the vote will be bought, if this happens democracy is over that's if it ever existed.

I suppose it's the same as those in the USA who are concerned about the North American Union, and when fully formed will end up being run by a group of unelected faceless bureaucrats that hijack the sovereignties of the countries and so making lets say the US constitution null and void. This post was edited by kjames at April 7, 2019 6:06 AM MDT
      April 6, 2019 5:23 PM MDT