Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » When you shower or bathe, is there any part of your body that you simply don’t like to wash, and if so, why is that? ~

When you shower or bathe, is there any part of your body that you simply don’t like to wash, and if so, why is that? ~

~

Posted - April 5, 2019

Responses

My hair. 
    - It takes a while to go through the washing and conditioning process.
    - It takes forever to dry.
    - Washing it every day isn't necessary and can be damaging. 
    - It removes the color. (For those following along at home, I did put highlights in my hair. I got a highlighting kit that gave me light blonde highlights, which I then put blue dye over the top of... and, now I have green highlights. Meh.
      April 5, 2019 10:03 PM MDT

I'm not allowed to dye or cut my hair short.....my dad would go insane and so would who I live with....:( 

April 5, 2019 10:57 PM MDT

As would I. But you could send me a small lock of it.
      April 6, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

Do yew mean Heir today gone tomorrow ?    Hehe
      April 6, 2019 4:15 PM MDT

How does it look? Do you like it? 
      April 6, 2019 1:50 AM MDT

Eh... Yes and no. 

I used Punky Colors. We actually all did our hair with it. My son has naturally dirty-blonde hair and requested a fade; red to black. That came out cool. Really cool. My daughter has hair my shade; more of a light to medium brown. I used bleach on all her hair (it's a pixie cut anyway) and she went flamingo pink. She loved it. It was sooooo cute at first. And, I didn't want to do all my hair, so I just added chunky highlights using bleach down my center part. The problem on my end is that I have a lot of gray framing my face. So, there was a pretty big disconnect there. I had the bluish-green highlights that could be seen when my hair was down or parted, but gray when my hair was pulled back. I felt like an old lady trying to look young. 

Fast-forward a month or so down the road, my son's hair is a very light pink. It's not washing away anymore. He's just going to be pink until it grows out or we recolor it and he doesn't want to recolor. My daughter's hair turned orange, almost as if she was a natural fair redhead. We may try to recolor it with pink again, but she doesn't want to bleach again. She hated the bleaching process. So, it's going to look funky if we do pink over the top of the orange. She doesn't care and also wants to grow it out again and then leave it alone. Me... so, I needed a refresh about a month in, but let it sit, and it turned a very weird yellow color. When I did my second round of Punky Color, I did it all over, hoping it would cover the gray. I even left the color on for like six hours. The end result: The highlights were vibrant green and the gray was still gray. Ugh. So, now I'm kind of torn. I'm pondering going through an all-out bleaching process because having the gray with the fun colors really bothers me. At the same time, I'm afraid the gray still won't color and then it will still look weird. Or, maybe I need to move onto a more robust dye. IDK I'm my own worst critic. Everyone else who saw it thought it looked good. I just wasn't happy with it. But, this also got me to the point where I really don't care about my hair so much anymore. I'm half tempted to hack it off and do something really crazy with it. 
      April 6, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

April 6, 2019 6:05 PM MDT

• hair 

i just hate having wet hair and waiting for it to dry

and brushing wet hair? nightmare 
      April 5, 2019 10:06 PM MDT

• Thank God I have a good-sized bald patch.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 6, 2019 1:42 PM MDT
      April 5, 2019 10:16 PM MDT

My liver.  I just can't seem to reach it with the loofah. 
      April 5, 2019 10:46 PM MDT

My back, as I can't reach it and always need help with the loofah to do it...... 
    I think my partner is stupid though and maybe has serious hearing problems and can't tell my back from my front ....
    One day when I'm much older I might correct them.....but for now will leave them to work out their misstake's 

I love bath time as you could well imagine.....
    So please don't feel sorry for me as I will just have to live with it and suffer in silence ......if that was ever possible..... Hehe.  

April 5, 2019 11:10 PM MDT

• I can't think of any. My body is pretty easy to wash. :)
      April 5, 2019 11:12 PM MDT

Baths only please.  NO.  I don't have a problem washing anything in the tub.  That's why I am submerged in the first place and the water has to be VERY HOT.
      April 6, 2019 1:49 AM MDT

April 6, 2019 5:10 AM MDT

Bathe? Shower?
      April 6, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

No
      April 6, 2019 11:15 PM MDT

That's not the case with me!
      April 7, 2019 5:08 AM MDT