Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » It happens to me often -- do you ever go for years liking a song and not knowing the song title or singer/group?

It happens to me often -- do you ever go for years liking a song and not knowing the song title or singer/group?

After years of not paying attention -- other than REALLY liking the song whenever I heard it by chance - - just two days ago I found out who sang the song and its title.

Great song for me!
:)

"All Apologies"   Nirvana 

"All Apologies"   Nirvana

Posted - April 7, 2019

Responses

It happens to me all of the time too.  There's a song I heard at Planet Fitness several months ago and I can't find it anywhere.  And even worse, I don't know any of the words.  lol
      April 7, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

I only figured out this song by chance - - and the radio DJ said that the station was playing Nirvana songs in honor of singer Kurt Cobain's death 25 years ago.
    So, i still didn't know the name of the song but I figured it was a Nirvana song.
    If you don't know the song, take a listen to the last 15 seconds or so of the song - - besides liking the entire song, I really like the ending! It's very distinctive.
    So, I then spent some time on Youtube just listening to the endings of every Nirvana song I could find.
    And I found it.

I wish you luck finding your song!
      April 8, 2019 7:58 AM MDT

As a natural Blonde ,I've had to go for years knowing nothing...:(
      April 7, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

I'm a blond, too.
      April 8, 2019 7:58 AM MDT

Bad luck there to then....I suppose I lucky then in a way....I think most guys like Air heads....and I now can't find the "H" on my key board,.....  :( 
      April 8, 2019 3:23 PM MDT

• Only one I can think of is Dyer Maker. I liked that song when heard it on the radio young. But took me forever to find out who it was or the name of the song. It was before could google search. 
      April 7, 2019 8:59 PM MDT

OMG! You just shared one of the songs for me, too! I never knew Led Zeppelin did this song and I never knew the name of it, either, until a work colleague shared with me her Led Zeppelin compilation! And there were about four songs on that recording that I had always liked over the years but never knew the artists or titles. I didn't know I had been such a Led Zeppelin fan over the years, until that night, sitting and listening! Ha! I had been a fan unknowingly.

April 8, 2019 8:03 AM MDT

• Same:) they don’t make it easy to figure out the titles of their songs. Maybe they were all high when Giving the songs titles. It was the 70’s I think. 
      April 8, 2019 9:38 AM MDT

April 8, 2019 10:50 AM MDT

Whoa. You didn't recognize Robert Plant's voice?
      April 8, 2019 3:03 PM MDT

Hell, I didn't even know he was in the group until you just told me.
    Hell, I give up
      April 8, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

Love Led Zeppelin!  Those guys were true artists.
      April 9, 2019 7:54 PM MDT

• They‘re good, once you figure out who the hell they are and what they’re singing ;)
      April 10, 2019 6:38 AM MDT

I don't understand a word they say either!  lol  But the music is great!
      April 10, 2019 7:35 AM MDT

Yeah...'November Rain' by Guns N' Roses. For years I heard it, but they never said the group or title on the radio until about a year ago. This version is chilling:

April 8, 2019 10:18 AM MDT

I have to leave again for most of the day. I hope to come back and listen. Only got to the 1:00 mark.
      April 8, 2019 10:52 AM MDT

At the very end of the video it says it was based upon a short story but i still didn't get it, i don't think.

I suck at all this, Element 99.
    Perhaps it's because today turned out to be very challenging and emotional for me. And it still is.

Bud, I tried liking this song/video (I've never heard it until now), but, I didn't follow the song or the video at all, I think. I simply don't understand it. I couldn't keep the characters in the video straight -- the women all looked different and it looked like two different weddings? I don't know. 
    The minister at the wedding, for some reason, creeped me out. His expressions were like plastic or something.

I usually don't like guitar solos but I liked this one in this song. At least I got that part right.

Thanks for answering and sorry - - I feel like I failed somehow.
      April 8, 2019 5:57 PM MDT

Not to worry. The guitar solos were primo.
      April 8, 2019 6:02 PM MDT

Thanks.
    Yeah, those guitar solos were great, especially for me to like them.
      April 8, 2019 6:08 PM MDT

Here is THE best guitar solo ever...

April 8, 2019 6:11 PM MDT

I just listened. That was very good, you're right!
    I'm not taking anything about my ear for granted but that sounded like maybe a Dire Straits song-based solo. And I'm thinking maybe Knopfler is in that group.
    Thanks again for posting.
      April 9, 2019 9:01 AM MDT

Yes...that is Dire Straights.
      April 10, 2019 6:45 AM MDT

Yes I do and I have far too many examples to even begin to list here.
      April 9, 2019 8:28 PM MDT

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Sorry it took this long to respond to your answer, bevo. I only saw your answer here by chance. Don't know why I missed it.
      April 22, 2019 7:01 PM MDT