Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Music » What are some of your favorite song titles that were inspired by famous adages, sayings, expressions, proverbs, etc.?

What are some of your favorite song titles that were inspired by famous adages, sayings, expressions, proverbs, etc.?

EXAMPLES:

That'll Be The Day.

You Can't Hurry Love.

Once Bitten, Twice Shy.

Que Será Será (Whatever Will Be Will Be).

Easier Said Than Done.

Love Takes Time.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

~

Posted - April 7, 2019

Responses

• "For What It's Worth" "Try A Little Tenderness" "Can't Have Your Kate(cake) and Edith(eat it) too"
      April 7, 2019 9:56 PM MDT

Well not my favorites but I can think of some.  Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get,  You Are the Sunshine of My Life,  I've Got Work To Do, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden, Stop and Smell the Roses,  Its the Same Old Song,  Lets Kiss and Say Goodbye,  Don't Sleep In the Subway,  One Monkey Don't Make No Show,  The Other Man's Grass Is Always Greener,  If Loving You Is Wrong I Don't Want To Be Right,  Ain't Nobody Straight In L.A.,  Ain't No Mountain High Enough,  Everybody Plays the Fool,  How Sweet It Is,  Ain't No Way To Treat A Lady,  To Know Him Is To Love Him,  Goin Out of My Head,  Time Won't Let Me,  It's All In the Game,  Don't Look Back,  You Don't Own Me, If You Don't Know Me By Now You Will Never Know Me,  Try A Little Bit Harder, Dear Hearts and Gentle People,  You Always Hurt the One You Love, Nothing From Nothing Leaves Nothing, Respect Yourself,  Walkin' the Dog, Maybe Its All In My Mind, T'aint Nothin To Me, Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying, That's the Way Love Is.
      April 8, 2019 5:36 AM MDT

April 8, 2019 8:37 AM MDT

Sharonna introduced me to this group by this song!
    :)
    what a great song and group! And music video!

April 8, 2019 10:48 AM MDT

I both hope and fear that I may turn into a clone of Sharonna in the future. 

I LOVE Flo and her machine. 

April 11, 2019 8:06 PM MDT

April 11, 2019 8:16 PM MDT

a beautiful morning
      April 8, 2019 10:38 AM MDT

"Taking Care of Business"

"Looking Out for Number One"

-- both of those are by Bachman Turner Overdrive

I really like that group

"Things Can Only Get Better"

"No One Is To Blame"   

-- both of these are by Howard Jones

I really like Howard Jones, too. I've seen him in concert twice.
      April 8, 2019 6:25 PM MDT

Well, it's a bit of a stretch, but I like the lyrics of "We Just Disagree"---There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy, there's only you and me and we just disagree.

https://www.google.com/search?q=we+just+disagree&oq=We+just&aqs=chrome.1.0l6.5453j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

April 8, 2019 6:28 PM MDT

This post was edited by Flint Ironstag at March 29, 2021 6:28 AM MDT
      March 29, 2021 12:04 AM MDT