Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Can you name any despot in history that died happy? I am hoping that this fact weighs heavily in favor of Trump's dying in misery.

Can you name any despot in history that died happy? I am hoping that this fact weighs heavily in favor of Trump's dying in misery.

"He was a bad guy -- really bad guy. But you know what? He did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights. They didn't talk. They were terrorists. Over. Today, Iraq is Harvard for terrorism," Trump said.
trump quote seven jersey

trump quote one mexico

Posted - April 10, 2019

Responses

Saddam Hussain.....He was off his head when american amy personal finally joined his party...even though they were technically gate crashers.....:)   
      April 10, 2019 2:08 AM MDT

I think of his ending and I think I would rather have been Bin Ladden.  Glub glub.
      April 10, 2019 2:15 AM MDT

Gaddiffi died the right way to with a very long Bayonet that rectum / him in the  End..... :) 

It was their way of letting him Bowel out ungracefully from office.....:) 
      April 10, 2019 2:22 AM MDT

I would love to imagine this "end" for President fart.  He that lives by the sword dies by a sword in the bum.  Paraphrased, but appropos.
      April 10, 2019 2:27 AM MDT

I think a defining characteristic of despots is an inability to be happy. They hate. They are deeply insecure, and spread hate, resentment and sadness, to lift themselves up. They feed on discord and the debasement of others. There is always someone else for them to hate on. Nothing is ever enough to satisfy these mutants. 

I suggest by this analogy, Trump will die as miserably as he has lived. Publicly, I suspect a sense of general relief will be felt. Though not soon enough.  
      April 10, 2019 4:17 AM MDT

A+ answer.   

Just because he is strutting and fretting his hour upon the stage does not mean it is a good hour.  No sireeee. 

April 10, 2019 4:21 AM MDT

A few come to mind

Mao tse Tung - he turned China to his liking
    Kims 1 & 2 in Korea; Kim 3 is now running the show

West African Kings during the Slave Trade.  All died happy and rich in that they disposed of Political and Tribal enemies.  When both Great Britan & France finally closed off the legal trade in Slaves in in th 1890's the West African Kings were dying unhappy.  The Gold Coast was no longer swimming in Gold

King Ibn Saud founder of Saudi Arabia, frustrator of the West

Too many more I could name, I just picked the best from the last 200 years This post was edited by Archerchef at April 11, 2019 11:28 AM MDT
      April 10, 2019 6:56 AM MDT

How does this describe the manner of their dying?  Or their state of mind? I have no idea how Mao died.  What he did is not how he died.  You may not realize this?  YOU DON"T TAKE THIS WITH YOU.  I think maybe that may have crossed their minds.
      April 11, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

I do not believe any of their actions bothered them on their deathbeds.  I was not their, I can only judge by their actions and writings while alive.  Culturally it would not bother the living in those places today.
      April 11, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Trump ending up like Mussolini - hanging by his feet.
      April 10, 2019 7:36 AM MDT

Careful otherwise the Secret Service may be giving you a visit.  Now Il Duce was arrested and shot by partisans on Lake Como on the Swiss Border.  His body was dragged back to Milan to prove he was dead.

Did you know there is still a column at the National Sports Complex in Rome that is dedicated to Mussolini.  There is still a cult who revers him and visits his grave annually.  With the immigration crisis the cult is growing.

Be careful what you wish for

April 10, 2019 4:52 PM MDT

Considering how he has disrespected the Secret Service and all the other intelligence agencies, I'm not really worried.
      April 11, 2019 9:08 AM MDT

The secret service is busy.  That nonsense of BIG BROTHER SECRET SERVICE has been a myth of legend that is fool of sound and fury and signifying absolute ZERO.

April 11, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

Not in my experience is it a myth. With data scrapping and the sniffer programs these guys are quite efffective.  That is if a threat is percieved it is investigated.  Forewarned is forearmed.
      April 11, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

I'm sure many of them died in ignorant bliss, never realizing the nature of the beast. 

President Trump has an odd way of speaking; almost as if he is uneducated. He repeats himself often and he has odd mannerisms. I can see how that would grate on people's nerves.

But him a dictator - I think not!  He's just another pawn in the game of our government.  That's why they ALL hate him. 
    He takes his job seriously while everyone else wants him out of the way so that they can continue on with their corrupt ways and make loads of money off the billions of witless Americans who have bought into the entire scam. 

Our government is not here to protect us.  It is not here to save us.  It is not here to help perpetuate the so-called American dream.
    It is not here to "form a more perfect Union." Quite the opposite, for they have divided US.
    It is not here to "establish justice."  They have their own form of justice.  They make their own rules, break them and get away with them.
    It is not here to "provide a common defense."  Why do you think we have an open border?  To allow criminals, drugs, human trafficking...and illegal immigrants who will vote for them and keep them in power.
    It is not here to "promote the general welfare."  Immigrants who come here have no money.  Who pays for their homes, medical, food...WE do!

The government DICTATES to President Trump. He has very limited power.  Therefore, our government is the DICTATOR or DESPOT, if you prefer. 
      April 10, 2019 8:32 AM MDT

Good point.  Your first sentence.  I'm sure.  That is why I know that KARMA is a real real REAL BEOTCH.

We don't die and we DO pay.  
      April 11, 2019 11:30 AM MDT