Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are more women in their 20's and 30's being diagnosed with breast and thyroid cancers? Why?

Are more women in their 20's and 30's being diagnosed with breast and thyroid cancers? Why?

I have a friend (32 years old) who died from breast cancer, leaving behind 3 kids and a grieving husband.  I have another friend ( 24 years old ) who just got out of the Air Force and was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.  Not to mention my 30 year old cousin who has stage 4 breast cancer and is now suffering from chemo "after-shock."  It seems to me that too many younger women have these cancers and I'm trying to figure out why.

Posted - April 10, 2019

Responses

because of the food and air and water all being contaminated for starters.  That is the reason and I know that is the reason.
      April 10, 2019 9:56 AM MDT

That is a good start!  I am wary of ingredients in packaged foods that you can't even pronounce. And too much fluoride and chlorine in the water.  But the FDA approves them!  What a shock.
      April 10, 2019 10:00 AM MDT

Food water and air.  ALL of it compromised.  That includes what grows the food as well.  Our soil is so depleted we are toast if we don't start composting.  I hope you do that.  You have land.  I envy that.  
      April 10, 2019 10:05 AM MDT

Fluoride and chlorine are the least of our problems. If you have Netflix, check out the documentaries. There's one on Teflon and another on chemicals in everyday products called "Stink!" 
      April 10, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

Here's an official-ish response:
    The researchers aren’t sure why more younger women are being diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer and suggested that it’s likely due to a combination of factors. It may be due in part to more women waiting until later in life to have children. Women who haven’t had a full-term pregnancy or have their first child after age 30 have a higher risk of breast cancer compared to women who give birth before age 30. Toxic chemicals in the environment, changes in smoking and drinking habits, and rising obesity rates also may play a role.
    https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/20130228 
      April 10, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

Obviously there's a lot more to it then the usual culprits.  It never occurred to me that women giving birth in their 30's may put them at risk.
      April 10, 2019 1:16 PM MDT

Cancer is very common. Affects 1 in 3. For those people who have cancer on both sides of the family, they have a increased risk.

Also, I think energy drinks need investigating. 
      April 10, 2019 3:15 PM MDT

What's the word on energy drinks?  I'm allergic to caffeine so I don't drink them, but I know others who live off of them.
      April 10, 2019 7:06 PM MDT