Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » does anyone ever get these type of calls?

does anyone ever get these type of calls?

Ive been getting calls telling rne to press 1 if i want prayer, then other tirnes i pray one and they'll prophesy over rne, sure beats the telernarketing calls.

Posted - April 12, 2019

Responses

Be careful, you don't know who is at the other end or what their agenda is.  I would never let a stranger "pray" for me, especially on the phone.  You don't know who they are praying to. 
      April 12, 2019 6:19 PM MDT

I never get those calls because I always reject calls from numbers I don't know and if they call again without leaving a voicemail I block them.

Again????  Aargh!  Some people just don't know when to give up! 

Umm yeah, don't answer that, Pearl. This post was edited by Livvie at April 13, 2019 5:31 PM MDT
      April 12, 2019 8:45 PM MDT

No, those kinds of call really wouldn't go down well in the UK
      April 13, 2019 2:21 AM MDT

• Those are usually "robocallers".  We have Nomorobo which automatically rejects those types of calls.  But if I didn't recognize the number, I probably wouldn't have answered anyway.  

I would guess those "prayer" lines are probably fronts for something else ... just trying to scam you.
      April 13, 2019 10:27 AM MDT

Just put the phone down Pearl, you don't know if it's a scam.
      April 13, 2019 11:09 AM MDT

Maybe you are suffering from Natural Blonde Syndrome......  I rarely have any idea of what day of the week it is...:)
      April 13, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

Whoever sets up those calls isn't doing it for you - it's a scam of some sort. You'd have to be remarkably naïve to comply, and if you want to pray you can do that all by yourself, for free.

I have received similar anonymous calls, all obviously recordings, not waffling about "Press 1 for a prayer" but claiming to be from my telephone company,  still wanting me to "Press 1".  

I have no idea what they are trying to do, but I suspect they are after financial details in some way.
      April 29, 2019 1:42 PM MDT