Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Communication » What has been your worst experience in an elevator? The other day I got stuck in an elevator with a man and his Rottweiler dog.

What has been your worst experience in an elevator? The other day I got stuck in an elevator with a man and his Rottweiler dog.

The elevator started going down and it stopped all of a sudden.  The guy's dog kept staring at me and growling.  It kept pulling at his leash and the owner was having a hard time controlling it.  I thought for sure I was going to be DOG MEAT.  Thankfully, the elevator started moving and he finally left with his dog.  Phew!

Posted - April 13, 2019

Responses

Tee hee.. lucky you! I looove Rottweilers.. I have one myself.. she has enormous teeth! They are almost always lovely dogs, just bad reputation and indeed some of them are just so big that they are hard to control, but rarely vicious :) Mine growls at me.. but they are love growls.. she's done that since she was a puppy.. Maybe the Rottie loved you :)
      April 13, 2019 9:41 AM MDT

Like "loved" me as in loved me to death?  lol

April 13, 2019 9:48 AM MDT

Rotties have pretty smiles though.. lot's of nice big teeth :P
      April 13, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

Rotties have pretty smiles though.. lot's of nice big teeth :P
      April 13, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

• I’ve never had a bad experience in an elevator. Closest thing I can think of was when I was staying in a hotel a few years ago during the elevator repair persons strike. It was a large hotel and they were down to only one elevator for all guests. It would sometimes take up to 20 minutes for elevator to arrive to my floor. I was staying on the 18th so was no way I was doing stairs. That was a bullshizzat week. 
      April 13, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

Oh hellz no would I want to do that either!  I walked 12 flights in the Eiffel Tower when I visited France ten years ago.  It took FOREVER.  
      April 13, 2019 10:05 AM MDT

• You went to Paris without me?? :/ 
      April 13, 2019 10:38 AM MDT

My friends forced me too - I swear!  But next time we will go together - promise!
      April 13, 2019 10:41 AM MDT

• THIS IS JUST LIKE BORA BORA ALL OVER AGAIN!!!
      April 13, 2019 10:42 AM MDT

I have lost all respect for myself. *sob, sob*  From now on, I will be a good twinny.  Pinky swear!

April 13, 2019 10:45 AM MDT

• Okay, hurry up and win the lottery then, would ya’? :)
      April 13, 2019 10:46 AM MDT

Oh, thanks for reminding me!  I bought a powerball and a megamillion yesterday.  Now where did I put them?  I'm sure one of them is a winner!  We're going places twinny, I tell ya, we're going places.
      April 13, 2019 10:49 AM MDT

That's not a nice experience. I know the feeling; We have a small dog at home, and he often dont like strangers, and growls at them or want to jump on them; and i always have to hold the collar for him to not jump on strangers. Sometimes dogs are that way, but with a big dog like rottweiler, thats different.
      April 13, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

Yeah, I can handle small dogs.  I have a chihuahua and he's very portable.  But a Rottweiler, I think not!
      April 13, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

• Wow .. that guy should have stopped his dog from scaring you like that!
    One time, I was watching my son's dog while he was out of town.  They lived in Washington DC in a condo ... so I had to take the dog in the elevator down to the street to walk him.  I had him on a leash and when we got on the elevator, he looked at me really strangely like he was thinking about going after me.  I just looked at him and told him he BETTER NOT even think about it!!  I guess he took a hint and behaved himself the rest of the time I was with him.  Kind of scary though .. like your situation .. in a closed space.
      April 13, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

It is scary!  And the guy didn't seem like he had complete control over his dog, which made it worse.  Maybe I'll take the stairs from now on?
      April 13, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

• I don't think some pet owners understand how scary their pets can be to other people!  I was bitten really badly by a dog many years ago .. so I'm really sensitive to that stuff.  I would take the stairs too if I saw that guy again!  
      April 13, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

Oh me too!  Once, when I was taking a walk around the neighborhood (all peaceful and tranquil-like) a dog came charging out of this house, ran after me and bit me.  For no reason! I had to get a rabies and a tetanus shot the following day.  Next time I went for a walk I carried one of my dad's old golf clubs.  lol
      April 13, 2019 10:33 AM MDT

I got in one at a department store expecting a lift to the top floor but it ended up letting me down and I got out in the basement.....:( 
      April 13, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

I've been stuck three times, once was for 45 minutes.  I've been in one free falling twice.  None of this is tolerable so I use the stairs whenever possible.  I walk four or five floors before thinking about using an elevator. 
      April 13, 2019 5:05 PM MDT

Wow - - I've not been through what you have but, yeah, I use the stairs all the time.
      April 13, 2019 5:07 PM MDT

Two words : CROP DUSTED. 

Once it was on a cruise ship. Hideous. Another time in NYC, two other passengers and I got up 25 floors until we had to bail. 

April 13, 2019 9:51 PM MDT

I got stuck in a lift with glue once ,it's not the best of places to make contact with someone who isn't a'dhere friend or relative.  :)D  
      May 2, 2019 8:25 PM MDT