Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How many acts have you committed in your life that have "grievously" harmed others?

How many acts have you committed in your life that have "grievously" harmed others?

Posted - April 15, 2019

Responses

DUPLICATE
      April 15, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

Sorry.  I thought it was the same question.  

I think this kind of question is better asked in a room with the doors shut and a priest behind a curtain.  
      April 15, 2019 9:12 AM MDT

Too many to count. I'm sure we all have.
      April 15, 2019 11:53 AM MDT

maybe once
    and that was enough
      April 15, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

I really can't think of any. But there's lots of less grievous ones that probably add up.
      April 15, 2019 4:02 PM MDT

Hey, wait . . . what in the heck do you think all those restraining orders have done to me?

April 18, 2019 6:48 AM MDT

Apparently they have done nothing since you behave as if they don't exist.
      April 18, 2019 5:11 PM MDT

It’s better for our relationship that way, Honey-Bunny.

~

April 18, 2019 10:49 PM MDT

I'm not like that and never was. However, people have been doing that kind of thing to me for years.
      April 15, 2019 4:22 PM MDT

You are not alone, it has been my lot in life.
      April 15, 2019 6:40 PM MDT

None.

Some people would find me a bit extreme.
    For instance, I've been a vegetarian for 41 years because I don't believe in violence against animals.

I would define grievous as:
    killing, maiming or wounding someone,
    not acting to save a life if it was within my means,
    passing on a life-threatening disease, or causing illness,
    stealing, damage to property,
    bearing false witness in a way that damaged a person's interests or relationships,
    not saying something necessary to prevent harm that may occur through accident or ignorance,
    not taking care to avoid accidents or injury,
    or behaving in a consistently emotionally abusive and toxic way.

Of course I've done some minor harm occasionally, but nothing that's been incapable of repair.

I don't count the end of a friendship.
    There are times when we may discover that someone is not what we first thought,
    when for self protection one must walk away.
    How the other feels is up to them. This post was edited by inky at April 16, 2019 11:38 PM MDT
      April 15, 2019 7:03 PM MDT

The question was made to poke fun at someone having added up (?) all the acts they thought our Press. trump did which they saw as causing harm to people. 

I don't want to cause people harm but nevertheless I have and I'm sure sometimes still do.  Very sure many would say I do.  Just by being myself and making choices for myself rather than others.  Which seems to me how can we avoid that?   We may not eat animals or fish or seafood but we kill and eat vegetables.  We may not wish to pass along disease but nonetheless we do it.  We don't want to hurt others but just seems to me so many people seem to be hurt so easily or are just waiting to be hurt or place themselves in such a vulnerable frame of mind they can't help but be hurt.  We try to look out for others but it is next to impossible to be looking out for everyone all the time. Even should we try our best to minimize the harm we do it seems we just can't exist without doing some harm.  I have thought about this a lot for a long time.  As a Christian I believe God wants me to help others but sometimes in doing that I find I have perhaps caused more hurt then I have helped! There are jus so many ramifications to things. 

April 15, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

I got her pregnant three times. Labour is painful.
      April 15, 2019 8:33 PM MDT

Back in 1973, I was racing at the fairgrounds at Hamilton, Ohio .  I ran into the back end of a guy's motorcycle and flipped and landed on my head, knocked out silly. Another guy was following and he ran over my back.  This caused him to hit the outside retaining fence. He broke his collar bone.  He left a tire tread mark across the back of my racing jacket.  A Pirelli, I think.
      April 15, 2019 9:57 PM MDT

This was motorcycle racing?   I imagine such accidents must be fairly common so as to lead people to expect and try to be ready for them.  Thank you. 
      April 16, 2019 4:54 AM MDT

Who, me?

~

April 18, 2019 6:50 AM MDT