Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you're shy like I am getting older is a blessing. We don't get invited out nearly as often as we used to when younger. Do YOU?

If you're shy like I am getting older is a blessing. We don't get invited out nearly as often as we used to when younger. Do YOU?

Posted - April 16, 2019

Responses

I get invited.  I don't go. I make excuses.  Unless it is a Sai Baba event.  I feel it is my duty to go and I am always glad I did but it is work.  I mean I still have to drum up the courage to face a bunch of people all at once.  Gives me palpations. 
      April 16, 2019 1:54 PM MDT

Whenever we've had to go in a crowd I cling to Jim as if he is my life preserver. Among a bunch of strangers  I can either bloom or wilt. It all depends on the vibes. I cannot shut out what surrounds me. I pick up on it immediately and I can't stay long where I am not comfortable. Thank you for your reply Sharon!  :)
      April 16, 2019 2:25 PM MDT

We go out quite a lot really ....at times to some very swanky places that I generally hate....I find people get a nice few quid and think they are something special....
    Im not so polite as I should be then...:( 

My parents home is different.....everyone there is made welcome....anyone with snotty airs and graces would soon realize that thier persenses was not wanted.....

:)  
      April 16, 2019 2:37 PM MDT

I have never been invited out anywhere in my entire life (not that I'd have gone, mind you).  I too am very shy.  For me, growing older is just growing lonelier.
      April 16, 2019 4:40 PM MDT

But you are such a cute little doggy.....If you were mine ,I'd take you out on a leash every day to show you off and always throw your ball for you..... :) 
      April 16, 2019 8:46 PM MDT

Wow!
    You've really made me think.
    I need to invite my friends to outings more often.
      April 17, 2019 1:46 AM MDT

Never felt obliged to accept invitations from people who mainly try to force their ideas and beliefs and lifestyles and food on me.  We see some people socially and occasionally invite a client of Gerry's.  I entertain my extended family Thanksgiving and Christmas. 
      April 17, 2019 5:28 AM MDT

I've never been someone who was invited anywhere.. lol can't think why?? People have no taste :P  I am not keen on social events..  I would probably go if invited. I think I struggle in crowds, especially if it's very noisy or several people are talking at once - I am way better 1-1 where you can have a proper conversation. 
      April 18, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

• My husband and I never were big "party animals".  (My parents were HUGE partiers and I think I was soured on it having all that going on at our house all the time when I was growing up.)  But it seems we're getting invited to things more now than we used to.  We live in a 55+ subdivision now .. so people here really have a lot in common and like to get together more.  

I always preferred to spend time with a few close friends than to go to parties and make small talk.  My husband is the same way.  
      April 18, 2019 11:21 AM MDT