Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » In honor of Easter and Passover, are you familiar with Mel Brooks' version of the last supper?

In honor of Easter and Passover, are you familiar with Mel Brooks' version of the last supper?

Posted - April 18, 2019

Responses

I hadn't seen it ... but I like PvP Webcomic's version:

April 18, 2019 12:36 PM MDT

Yes, one of my favorite funny movies.

...And that's the Ethiopian... shim-sham! 
      April 18, 2019 3:35 PM MDT

Yes,I'm always desperate for a midnight nibble before I go downstairs for a snack....   ;)D 
      April 18, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

No.  I don't care to change that.

:)
      April 18, 2019 7:18 PM MDT

That's the scene I remember the most from that movie! So funny to me! Ha!
    :)
      April 18, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

How do parities and spoofs "honor" Easter or other celebrations of faith?
      May 10, 2019 4:47 AM MDT

They honor them by recognizing them. 
      May 10, 2019 5:01 AM MDT

What honor is there by recognizing someone by ridiculing, mocking, and misleading their character?
    Would you feel honored, knowing that in the future, people will mock you and defame your character for thousands of generations?
      May 10, 2019 3:45 PM MDT

I'm not sure but I think most of us can use some mocking and defaming.  When we become so serious and protective we can no longer laugh at ourselves I think we worship our own sensibilities rather than God.   Something like the Mel Brooks was welcomed and enjoyed and really probably aimed at people of faith because trusting in God they are able to have a laugh at themselves.  After all our faith is a personal calling and not just a set of teachings.
      May 11, 2019 5:57 AM MDT

Well, you said it and put it straight.
    You're not sure, but you think.
    Life is filled with comedy without mocking race, religion, people with disabilities, and so on.
    There are tons of comedians who don't need to swear or mock others to be funny.
      May 11, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

I can understand being polite and respecting others.  Comedy is quite another thing.  But once we start multiplying "sacred cows" we create class, lose touch with reality, and end up only worshiping idols.  Because race exists, religion exists, disabilities exist and to pretend somehow they do not is playing a pretend game.  People will always feel uncomfortable with what they are unfamiliar with  I think we can have fun with all those things and more still respect them.  Like without humor ends up being pretty drab.  I don't believe we should take ourselves too seriously because then we might miss some of the absurdity in life. 
      May 11, 2019 8:01 PM MDT

Comedy is not quite another thing from being polite and respecting others.
    Comedians, like Jerry Seinfeld, do not need to disrespect race, religion or disabilities to get laughs.
    You don't have to take yourself seriously and I hope you enjoy your life filled with absurdity. 
    Mocking race, religion and disabilities, only shows disrespect and lack of character. 
      May 12, 2019 8:32 AM MDT