Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If IN VINO VERITAS is true then all nondrinkers are liars. AHA! That explains the Dondonjohn. He should drink. Maybe he'll be driven to it?

If IN VINO VERITAS is true then all nondrinkers are liars. AHA! That explains the Dondonjohn. He should drink. Maybe he'll be driven to it?

Posted - April 18, 2019

Responses

It's also difficult to lie when under the influence of anesthetics.

Too bad there's not a reliable "truth serum" we could require politicians to take before speeches / testimony.
      April 18, 2019 1:29 PM MDT

Isn't there one that is injected Walt? Something that takes down all walls and causes you to tell the truth? Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 19, 2019 5:23 AM MDT

Many people think sodium pentathol is a truth serum, but it isn't reliable.
      April 19, 2019 7:21 AM MDT

That is as likely as his taking up a Political Science or Ethics class.  He is just not attracted to it.  Maybe he fears loss of control.  (ya think???)

But, he is not attracted.  Just like the classes I mentioned.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 19, 2019 5:24 AM MDT
      April 18, 2019 1:31 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon. I think all pols must take an ethics class and pass a stiff test.
      April 19, 2019 5:25 AM MDT

I love the word Veritas Rosie.....they make the most desirable Canadian carpenters tools  and my dad and I have so many of them between us...:) 

We both like a good drink to....:) D 
      April 18, 2019 2:00 PM MDT

Snap-On tools is big in America D. Do you have them in your country too?  And if  Sears tool failed you could return it and get a brand new one for free forever!  Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 19, 2019 5:26 AM MDT

That syllogism is technically invalid, but I get your point. 

Alcohol tends to decathect the superego, which means we tend to lose the prohibitions we have against self-disclosure.

But that is for the "normal" people.  I suspect nothing would work on Trump because of what I think is an unofficially diagnosed (I assume) psychopathy.
      April 19, 2019 8:53 AM MDT