Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Those who know don't want to hear it again. Those who don't know don't care to listen. So what's the point of discussing anything?

Those who know don't want to hear it again. Those who don't know don't care to listen. So what's the point of discussing anything?

Politics is a thankless subject a thankless profession a thankless obsession.

So what you are THANKMORE for?

If it's thankful it should be thankempty

If it's thankless it should be thank more

I don't care which pair you choose. Choose one and stick with it. BE CONSISTENT BE LOGICAL.  So whatcha think?

Posted - April 18, 2019

Responses

I certainly do care to listen. I tune in to news and current affairs almost every day.

I usually prefer not to hear something twice, though one can't avoid it these days.
    Generally, hearing it the first time, I remember it. It's enough to start the discussion.

I don't believe discussing politics is pointless.
    Rather, I think it's a necessary topic and a function of good citizenship and the democratic evolution of society.
    If we don't pay attention to these things and act responsibly, we end up responsible by default for the things we don't like.

I'm grateful for friends and husband.
    I'm thankful that we do live in a democracy even though it's a far from perfect one.
    I'm thankful that we have a relatively high level of freedom of speech and lifestyle compared to many other countries.
    I'm thankful to have easy access to excellent public services.
    I'm thankful that I have enough resources to meet my basic minimum needs.
    I'm grateful for good health and the natural environment in which I live. This post was edited by inky at April 19, 2019 4:10 AM MDT
      April 18, 2019 6:20 PM MDT

Well that makes two of us at least m'dear. Tuning in to find out what's going on so you can keep up. How many of us are like that? Any idea? It requires thinking and evaluating and caring and investigating and comparing. Thinking is not for the lazy. You work very hard when you are involved in using your brain. I think many don't. I think they prefer to receive e verything predigested so all they have to do is swallow it! How else do you explain the sad state of the world? If everyone were an independent thinker whose arsenal of weapons included logical thinking what kind of world would this be? Better right? Maybe I should ask. The millions of people who just accept without question is very scarifying to me. When you don't use muscle it atrophies. SIGH. Thank you for your thought reply bw! :)
      April 19, 2019 4:15 AM MDT

I guess because we enjoy discussing things.  When people are willing to listen to me, which is not often, I feel good about myself.  We can try to change the world but in so doing we must be sure we are not just making to worse.  Not can we expect that people are necessarily going to buy into what we say.  But I think it is polite to at least listen. 
      April 18, 2019 7:55 PM MDT