Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Trump is a cancer on the presidency. Congress should remove him". The newest from George Conway, hubby of Kellyanne. Duel in the morning?

"Trump is a cancer on the presidency. Congress should remove him". The newest from George Conway, hubby of Kellyanne. Duel in the morning?

Between who and who or who and whom? Which two?

George Conway and Dondonjohn
George Conway and Kellyanne  Conway

Posted - April 19, 2019

Responses

Is George reading me on Answermug again? 

He copied me.
      April 19, 2019 8:06 AM MDT

• That's always been the beauty of America. You have the right to be wrong. Sometimes you can be deadly wrong. Like a cancer. Or like using cancer as a metaphor, that can be a bad move too. The vehement enemies of the current administration are like (if I can borrow a metaphor) the Bubonic Plague pointing to cancer as a "danger". 
      April 19, 2019 8:09 AM MDT

Malignancy is a term that CAN NOT be right or wrong.  STOP READING THE TRUMP HANDBOOK. STOP DRINKING THE TRUMP KOOL AIDE

Malignancy is a killing disease and there is no RIGHT malignancy.  
      April 19, 2019 8:13 AM MDT

One of the predicates of the right of free speech is that intelligent and philosophically aware people who hear it are easily capable of dismissing it---not that there is any value in the actual hearing of it beyond stating the ridiculous clearly.

I find that the majority of people misunderstand that about free speech.  It's kind of like one's right to suicide---an eloquent expression of despair shouted out to people who are affected, but neither impressed nor particularly pleased.

In this case, I judge the suggestion of the existence of a cancer on the American body politic to be "spot on." 

Trump---like prostate cancer---is as potentially deadly to the USA as prostate cancer is to a man.  The fact that a man with that disease is more likely to die of something else than prostate cancer is very cold comfort.

I suspect that with the appropriate remedial treatment continuing to be applied by the US courts and the House of Representatives, and the electorate in 2020---assuming enough people understand the error they made by either not voting or for voting for the wrong candidate in 2016---the USA will eventually recover from this "brush with death." 

(And you have apparently listed a simile while calling it a "metaphor.")

Edit: changed tense of a verb and reformatted a sentence. This post was edited by tom jackson at April 19, 2019 8:40 AM MDT
      April 19, 2019 8:38 AM MDT