Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "VETS FACE EXILE AFTER SERVICE" A growing number of immigrants are deported after serving the country they call home. GUESS WHICH ONE?

"VETS FACE EXILE AFTER SERVICE" A growing number of immigrants are deported after serving the country they call home. GUESS WHICH ONE?

Posted - April 19, 2019

Responses

And yet... we have military people all aglow about Trump.  

I don't get it.  But I don't want to look too closely at the military because I am sure it is one rung above the prison system as far as fairness and righteousness are concerned.  Or the Catholic Diocese.  Or the educational system.  Or the Trump Administration.  We are doomed.  
      April 19, 2019 11:51 AM MDT

I believe we are doomed Sharon. Everywhere you look there re crooks and scoundrels and thieves and scum celebrating their victories. The crowds of admirers of scum grows larger and larger and larger. It will soon encompass every homo sap. SIGH. Thank you for your reply.
      April 20, 2019 2:21 AM MDT

I'm just thinking ... wouldn't it be a matter of national security, to keep those people as citizens?
    I mean, we just spent years training them to use American equipment and tactics.
    Seems logical we wouldn't want to let that information fall into enemy hands.

How much do you suppose Russia or China would be willing to pay those people?
      April 19, 2019 2:42 PM MDT

I think serving this country in the military should be an automatic path to citizenship Walt. I'm gonna ask. I men they put their lives on the line for this country and some die. This is the gratitude we show? Thank you for your reply. You mean out of disgust and despair they would turn on the country they were willing to die for? I find tht hard to grasp. It does not compute! :)
      April 20, 2019 2:23 AM MDT

Despair?  Sure.
    You send somebody who came to this country to escape the harsh conditions of their native land, give them millions of dollars of training, use them ... maybe even to the point they are left permanently disabled (mentally or physically) ... then send them back to their native land.

OF COURSE they are going to resent us.  The people who used them up and threw them away.
    OF COURSE they are going to seriously consider taking money from our enemies to get them out of those conditions again.

April 22, 2019 7:32 AM MDT

It has been going in for decades maybe a century. But yes it happens. I disagree with it. If we let them serve in the military and they do their jobs, are not a criminal then they should be granted full citizenship. 

That said I would not allow a non-citizen to enlist in the military. 
      April 19, 2019 5:06 PM MDT