Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't get why it is legal to market anything whose possible side effect could cause you to kill yourself. Do you?

I don't get why it is legal to market anything whose possible side effect could cause you to kill yourself. Do you?

So they give you a warning. "This will either make you feel better or it may possibly cause you to commit suicide".

I don't know about you but I can't see  taking that risk. Even if it's 1 in a million. What if you are that 1?

Posted - April 21, 2019

Responses

Desperation and MONEY.

Some are willing to gamble with what is left of their lives.  Some are willing to try anything to get some quality of life back.

Some are in it for the BIG BUCKS they can make before they take it off the shelves for a better product.  

Even aspirin has ingredients that can kill many people.
    So, they get away with putting poison out there because it is better than the alternative which is NOTHING and just GO DIE.

The answer lies in NO PILLS and ALL nutrition.  

Ann Wigmore cured herself of stage 5 colon cancer by only eating wheatgrass and weeds.  She ate nothing that was not growing out of her parking lot in the 30's I think.  She advance the Ann Wigmore Institute and people come the world over to learn her secrets.  

The secret is just eat LIVE food growing out of the ground with ZERO chemicals. That is the big secret.  And there is an Ann Wigmore Institute in Boston and Puerto Rico.  The one in Puerto Rico was destroyed by the hurricane and rebuilt by it's patrons who LIVED because of Ann.

Now we have the Hippocrates Institute in Florida and if I had money and were dying of anything I would go there.  Forget the Cancer Research Institutes of America.  I want to LIVE and have a chance at a good life.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 21, 2019 8:33 AM MDT
      April 21, 2019 8:27 AM MDT

I guess anything could cause you to kill yourself if you let it get to you.  But especially drugs. This post was edited by officegirl at April 21, 2019 9:17 PM MDT
      April 21, 2019 8:30 AM MDT

Not exactly an answer, but an observation:

Coumadin is the active ingredient used in rat poison---it is used in sufficient dosage to assure that the rat will die of internal bleeding.

Yet many humans take coumadin daily to prevent their blood from forming clots that could kill them.

So coumadin is a "controlled" poison.  So is tylenol.

Coumadin requires a prescription and lab work to assure its effects are within a safe range.

Tylenol does not require a prescription---it only requires common sense.   (Perhaps it should also require a prescription)

And of course, most medicines have a disclaimer somewhere in their literature that says that the doctor has determined that the benefits of this (particular medication) outweigh the risks of taking it.
      April 21, 2019 9:20 AM MDT

Would Coumadin or Tylenol play tricks wit your mind and seduce you into taking your own life? Thank you for your informative answer tom and Happy Easter Sunday! :)
      April 21, 2019 11:31 AM MDT

Thanks.  No--- depriving myself of consciousness (except for surgery) in either the short or the long term is not my idea of fun.
      April 21, 2019 6:26 PM MDT

Coumadin is one of the older blood thinning medications to prevent blood clots, but as with all drugs, has it's down side.  The blood testing is one, not being able to ingest anything with Vitamin K is another, but it's inexpensive compared to the newer medicines that don't have the same blood testing requirements or food caveats.  Eliquis is one of the new drugs, but it is very expensive here in the states.  Walgreens charged me $1300 for three months of meds.  I now buy it from a Canadian pharmacy and three months costs me $365 with the shipping.  When I asked why the disparity in price, I was told it had to do with the licensing agreements.  Canada and other countries negotiate better prices with the pharmaceutical companies.  
      April 21, 2019 11:59 AM MDT

I was given the newer med last year.. I stayed on it 6 months. It didn't cost me anything. I was very grateful to have it and not have blood tests all the time. 
      April 21, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

I didn't have any side effects either.  Was it covered by your insurance?  
      April 21, 2019 2:31 PM MDT

So you probably don't want to know that I pay $85 for a 90 day supply of Eliquis.  (yes---insurance) This post was edited by tom jackson at April 21, 2019 7:45 PM MDT
      April 21, 2019 6:27 PM MDT

No, I really didn't want to know that!!!  I used to have insurance coverage with my firm but when I went down to a three day work week, I don't work enough hours to be eligible for any benefits other than vacation accrual.  Even when I was covered, it cost me more for that prescription.  We kept going to higher and higher deductibles and with Medicare as primary, my deductible would rarely be met because Medicare pays about 80% of doctor care.  I'm glad to know that you are that well covered.
      April 21, 2019 7:48 PM MDT

Thanks. I was able to take my health insurance into retirement.  I am aware how fortunate I am.
      April 22, 2019 9:35 AM MDT

Yes, you certainly are, especially when it also covers prescriptions.  
      April 22, 2019 12:16 PM MDT

• a lot of people with mental illness suffer from suicidal thoughts anyway, so what's worse; living untreated OR treating yourself with a medication that has a TINY percent chance of causing you to have suicidal thoughts. if the odds ARE 1 in a million that you suffer from suicidal thoughts after taking these medications, they are probably far higher if you are left untreated with one of these mental illnesses. plus, there are precautions that are taken when these medications are prescribed, people are made aware of these side effects, their prescribing doctors keep a CLOSE eye on them. its not like they're are just handed a bottle of prozac and told good luck. 
      April 21, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

I do know that many of the anxiety meds/depression meds can also, in the initial stages cause an increase in suicidal tendency. I think they aren't sure though whether it's the med or the condition which hasn't yet been stabilised that cause this. 
      April 21, 2019 1:29 PM MDT